Tuesday, May 21, 2013

guilty pleasures during naptime


I don't know what you do during your child's naptime, but apparently I sneak into the kitchen and make French Toast to eat in peace and quiet without having to share a single bite. Horribly selfish I know, but so incredibly good.

I made a little mini-batch out of some crusty sourdough bread that we had and I slowly cut each piece up and savored every single bite. It was such a treat and something I'm sure I'll be doing again soon in the near future.


I did save a piece for Riggs to eat when he woke up from his nap, and he stuffed it in his mouth as fast as he could. On a completely different subject, he finally has enough hair that it looks so crazy when he wakes up in the morning or from nap time. It's so funny, we just love it.


Yesterday we played out in the sun, and I'm looking forward to more time outside today and the rest of the week. My heart is weighed down a bit by the devastation and loss of life in Oklahoma after the storms rolled through earlier this week. Sometimes it's so hard to sit in the sun and the peace, watching my baby play happily while knowing others are suffering so greatly somewhere else in the country.

It's also made me think of all the people that are suffering all around the world on a daily basis. I've been praying specifically for those affected by the storms in the Midwest, but I've also committed time each day to pray for all who are suffering throughout the world. And at those times during the day that I just feel so happy and blessed to be where I am with the people I love, I say an extra prayer then too for those who are struggling.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm....French Toast!! Hard not to look at our precious babies and not pray for those who are without theirs. Makes me tear up just to type it. Glad you are making time to pray, it is certainly one of the benefits I have with my schedule too, time to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post... I also feel so often sad, especially when I´m extra happy. Crazy I know but to think of children or people suffering makes my heart hurt so much!

    Riggy´s hair is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight ;) That looks YUMMMMY!

    ReplyDelete