Friday, May 10, 2013

where'd that baby go?

I got sidetracked today while uploading some pictures to Picasa this afternoon. I got this wild hair to find some pictures from this time last year so I could see if it was more spring like outside (it wasn't really, in case you were wondering). While on this very important quest, I got sidetracked once again by pictures I found of this bald, toothless, squishy, rolly, beautiful baby.


What happened to him? I miss that sweet little boy so much! That baby that slept every night snuggled up in my arms, who just rolled around on the floor all day when he wasn't breastfeeding or sleeping. That baby who gurgled and cooed and giggled but couldn't speak. That baby with rolls for days - his thighs, his neck, his wrists. That baby. I miss him so much and can't believe he's gone. I'd love to go back and give him a little squeeze, to feel his wriggly little body and smell his sweet baby smell.

I'm so glad I have a silly, happy, talkative little toddler with me now to keep me from missing that baby too much. His kisses, hugs and 'mamas' sweetly fill the void that baby left. I just wish they didn't grow up so fast!

PS one year ago today we were closing our very first house, our lovely little home. here's an excerpt from the journal I keep for Riggs:

We are in the process of moving into our perfect new home. Nearly all of our things are packed and we will go sign papers later today, and move in on Saturday.

But even more importantly, you played PEEK-A-BOO with mama for the first time today. You love it and your little giggle just melts my heart. We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. There are even days I shed tears about the fact that I will never ever have my toddlers as tiny babies again *so very sad* I loved e v e r y t h i n g about them!

    ReplyDelete