Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17


Don't knock the weather: nine-tenths of people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.
         kin hubbard

It's snowing outside, and it makes me forget that it's the middle of May. It feels instead like it's the first snow in the fall, and I can't help but feel an oddly misplaced hint of excitement. It's very lovely, the big flakes drifting down and wetly covering the newly green grass and nearly realized buds on the trees.

It's very unusual for snow to fall now, even in Alaska. And because of that it really doesn't bother me. I know it will be gone soon, probably by tomorrow evening, and so I'm going to try and enjoy the strange beauty of it all.

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude Whitney. I've got to say that I was not so optimistic when I awoke this morning. I am praying this latest freeze killed off some mosquitoes (my only consolation). Enjoy that snow ;)

    ReplyDelete