Friday, May 24, 2013

dressing boys is fun too


When we found out that we were having a boy, we were both so excited. Of course, I did feel a teeny-tiny little bit of sadness that there would be no girly things in our near future. It seemed like it would be so much more fun to pick out clothes for a girl. As far as I could tell, most boy clothes just weren't my idea of cute.

Part of this probably has to do with the fact that we're not huge football or baseball fans, so the 'daddy's little allstar' outfits just weren't very appealing to us.


But over the last year and a half, I've realized that dressing a boy is lots of fun, and I actually love shopping for little clothes that I think fit Riggs' personality. I've never warmed up too much to Carter's boy clothes, but I love BabyGap. We wear a lot of BabyGap around here, especially their pants. The skinny-fit pants just fit Riggs so well (they run long and lean, so they're perfect for him). And now that Riggs is getting big enough, we'll be adding some Crew Cuts to the mix too.

I find that the little accessories are some of the most fun things to put on Riggs. Little hats and belts and shoes - love them all! Anyone who knows us personally (and I'm sure you can tell from the blog too) knows that you will rarely see Riggs without a hat, and that's been the case since birth. They're just so cute! Plus Riggs is just now getting hair, so I didn't want him to freeze either ;)


Other brands we like: some OshKosh stuff, Patagonia puffy jackets, and of course Carhartt too.

Where are your favorite places to buy clothes for your boy? If you have both a boy and a girl, who do you enjoy picking out clothes for the most?

6 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie, I had a lot more fun dressing my baby girl than I did my boys. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with when though. It seems in the last few years the boy choices have gotten so much better! Of course, now I can't justify buying more for baby boy #3. Guess he'll be stuck in not-so-fun boy clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so right... I loved dressing my boy and still do... and of course did I also think about girl´s stuff when I was first pregnant. But the more I had those tiny cutest boy´s clothes in my hand and then on my babyboy... I fell in love with these!!!

    And look at our boys... they couldn´t look any cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to buy for both but there is much cuter boy stuff now then there used to be available. I really like the selection of clothes from H&M and HannaAndersson for Blackburn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I loved girl clothes until I had a girl...now all I notice is that everything says "diva" and "princess" and is all cats. Apparently girls don't like cool things like dogs or dinosaurs. And can only wear pink. Ok, rant over. I do love dressing both my kids....and they both are quite fashionable, in my opinion. Sawyer picks his own clothes, and he has a fun fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his style!! Where are his shoes from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessica! His shoes are from one of my favorite etsy vendors, Wooly Baby.

    You can visit her shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyBaby

    ReplyDelete