Tuesday, June 11, 2013

why it's been a little quiet around here

mowing the lawn is much sweeter with a little tag-a-long

Blogging is such an ebb and flow. Sometimes I have so many things to blog about that I never get to them all, even when posting every day or some days twice a day. Then there's weeks like this, where I'm just too busy just being to actually sit down and blog. 

Sometimes, I have no urge to even open my computer. Like yesterday. I was not on the computer once all day. I didn't even think about it. I like days like that. I thought I'd feel like being on the computer a little bit more today, since I 'missed out' yesterday. But no, I had to force myself to open it tonight after dinner to finish a few blogs for Mitch and write a little something here. 

I had no idea what to write about, so I thought I'd just go ahead and address the lack of interest in being online and blogging. It sort of fits into a little self-improvement project I've been working on. This includes being a better house-keeper and scheduling in cleaning times each week and better at reading books. It includes spending less time surfing the web/window shopping* for things that I don't even need or really even want. 

I truly love blogging, and I love reading other people's blog, so I'm not really trying to cut back on that. But I do want to spend less time being A.D.D. on the computer when I get on to 'blog' and end up spending and hour (or two!!!!!) browsing and not even knowing what I looked at the whole time. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this? I always feel so bad afterward because it's such a useless waste of time - and I could have spent that time so much more responsibly! 

That's where I'm at tonight, and I can't stop thinking about my book (although I've read it many times, it never gets old) so I'm off to settle in, get comfortable and read.

*window shopping: online browsing which includes adding everything I wish I could buy to my cart and sadly closing the tab when I see the ridiculous amount of money it would cost to actually buy it all. 

3 comments:

  1. You are * definitely* not the only one! It's worse for me when i have homework or studying to do... my compulsion to check facebook or search amazon increases exponentially. I'm hoping for computer-free days in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are definitely not the only one! I get so frustrated with myself sometimes. I often get the urge to get rid of my iPhone or even the computer, but I love to write and writing for just myself is nice, but I would miss blogging too much. I've been trying for months and months to get an etsy store up and running, but the only time I have is nap time. I tell myself I'm just going to sew, then I get on the computer and start mindlessly browsing. Plus my house is always a wreck and I feel like I'm not taking Evie out and about often enough. . . Life of a mom, I guess. You can't get away from the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riggs is a PRO at that walkin'!! It's crazy how fast our babies are growing, definitely bitter/sweet :)

    ReplyDelete