Monday, October 31, 2011

31 Weeks

As of Saturday I have been pregnant for 31 weeks!  It's a little hard to believe that it has been so long, time is just flying by.  Saturday was spent hanging out with Steve, and we had such a good day!  It was his first Saturday off in a while, and it was so nice to have him home two days in a row, especially since Sunday was so busy.


Sunday we woke up to snow, which was so exciting!  It was actually kind of funny; Steve had been awake for a few minutes and I was just opening my eyes.  Then I remembered it was maternity pictures day, and I sat up really fast and asked Steve, "did it snow?"  He sat up and looked out the window on his side of the bed and said, "It did!".  I did not believe him at first and climbed over him to look out the window.  When I saw the snow with my own eyes I was so excited.  It had finally snowed!  And it was in the 20's, so this wasn't a dirty, ugly, slushy snow, it was a soft dusting of sparkly, beautiful snow.

We got up and headed to breakfast with Steve's dad and step mom at Middle Way Cafe.  I got multi-grain pancakes with real maple syrup and fresh fruit, and it was so delicious!  I LOVE their pancakes, they are the multi-grain/vegan pancakes I've ever had.  It was great to catch up with Rick and Dorle, who run a kayak tour company, A Seaside Adventure, out of their cabin in Little Tutka Bay, which is across the bay from Homer.  Steve's dad and mom built the cabin when Steve was just a baby, and various family has lived over there running the business ever since.  They are so busy in the summer (as is Steve) that they don't really get away from Homer at all, and we only got down to see them at the beginning of the summer for Memorial Day in May.  They were so excited to get to see my baby bump in person :)

Here's a blurry iPhone picture of us at breakfast
We headed home to shower up and get beautiful for our maternity photo shoot, then headed over to Kincaid Park to meet our photographer (and long, longtime friend) Mitch Kitter for the pictures.  Beau wore his Christmas Sweater for the occasion and was very excited to be included in some of the pictures.  It was so fun and I cannot wait to see all the pictures.  I posted a link to some teasers from the shoot earlier today, so you can go check them out if you haven't already.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a great October!  And I guess I should add Happy Halloween! for all of you who like to dress up and celebrate this holiday.  I'm not really into dressing up, but I love seeing my nephews dressed up and seeing all the decorated pumpkins and such.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy it was such a nice day :) Jealous of the snow and I can't wait to see it in person either! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! GA is also my biggest earning.
    However, it’s not a much.

    Feel free to visit my website: website
    my page > debasis-utrecht.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dο you mind if Ӏ quote a few оf yоur aгticleѕ
    as lοng aѕ Ι ρroνіde credіt
    and souгces bасκ to your blоg?
    My blog iѕ іn the very samе area of intereѕt аs
    youгs and my viѕitοгs ωoulԁ reallу benefit from a lоt
    of the informаtion you pгеsent hеre.
    Please let me know if this oκay with уou. Rеgаrԁs!
    linked site

    ReplyDelete