Wednesday, November 2, 2011

taking time to give thanks


November is one of my favorite months of the year, mostly because of Thanksgiving, but also because it means December, and more importantly Christmas, is right around the corner.  Both Thanksgiving and Christmas are holidays that have been commercialized to the max yet have great meaning.  This year I would like to really focus in on the meaning behind each holiday and think very hard about why we are celebrating.  For the month of November, I would like to share something I am thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving Day.  Since it is already the second day of the month, I will share two things today.

DAY ONE:  I am thankful for the snow and how beautiful it makes everything.  Even the wind is beautiful in its own way, and I am thankful to God for creating such an intricate, amazing earth for us to live on and enjoy.

snowy view from my house
DAY TWO:  I am thankful for having the means to do crafts and hobbies, while others in this world are struggling just to get enough to eat each day.  I love to spend time each day working on sewing, knitting, crocheting, and other craft projects and am so grateful for the chance to do so!



What are you thankful for?  Maybe you could also try to make it a goal this month to take time each day to recognize something you are thankful for :)

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for 3 wonderful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate white pumpkins...

    Heehee- I am so thankful for having a loving family. So many people in this world are lacking that one think that so many of us take for granted.
    I love the craft compilation too! Everything looks great.

    <3

    ReplyDelete