Monday, November 14, 2011

weekend catchup


DAY ELEVEN:  Veterans Day is a special chance for every person to stop and think deeply about the sacrifices soldiers past, present and future have and will make for our freedom.  I am so thankful for those who are willing to fight for my country and my freedom.  My family is full of veterans, and I thought I'd share a few pictures of some of them.
Grandpa Wes
Air Force (33 years!)

Grandpa Clarence (and Grandma Elaine)
Army
Uncle Leo
Army
Cousin John
Marines
Brother-in-law John (with my sister Kelsey)
Navy


DAY TWELVE:  I was especially thankful all weekend for my amazing family and friends, who have made my pregnancy even more special by celebrating with me and generously gifting me and Riggs with so much!  My church baby shower was on Friday night, and it was so much fun!  I felt unbelievably blessed to have so much love shown towards me and baby.


DAY THIRTEEN:  Sunday was full of exciting surprises and hopes and dreams and I'm always so thankful to God for how he provides in my life.  That's all I can really say about this subject for now, but it was an amazing day and I am thankful for it!

DAY FOURTEEN:  Today I am thankful for the amazing care I recieve from the Midwives at Geneva Woods.  Steve was able to go with my appointment with me today (for the first time yay!) and it was so exciting sharing yet another great experience there with him.  Plus he got to see the birth center and meet one of my favorite midwives there, Barbara.  

I am also thankful and excited to say that I am back on for a birth center birth unless something drastic happens!  This is great on two levels:  1) because it means I get to at least try and have the birth center experience and quick homecoming I was hoping for and 2) because it means my heart is doing that much better.  

Today I am 33 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Barbara caught me by surprise today when she mentioned that my due date was less than 7 weeks away.  How did that happen?!  Time is just flying by!  My Rigglet is just where he should be, head down with his little butt up in the air :)  I am measuring right on track externally for where I am (34 centimeters to be exact) and feel great!  My waist is now officially 15 INCHES bigger at a whopping 44 inches, but I don't really feel huge at all yet.  The numbers seem much bigger than I feel, which I think is a good thing.  Especially in the mornings until about 4pm, I feel pretty dang spry! 

I took pictures from both angles this morning when I got home from my appointment, to give more of an idea of how my belly is looking all around :)



Anyway, hope everyone has a happy, happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment