Friday, October 14, 2011

Nearly 29 Weeks!

Tomorrow I will be 29 weeks pregnant! I can't really believe it.  Time is flying by even faster now that it's fall and I'm in holiday excitement mode.  Plus there is so much going on over the next two and a half months that I don't know how time couldn't fly by.  Next Sunday I turn 25, then I have some baby showers a few weeks in a row, then it's Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, and then my baby will be here!  It's sort of scary, but in a totally exciting way.  I feel him moving so much during the day (and night) and I am so, so ready to meet him. 

feeling huge.  am I really going to get bigger?!

28w 6d
In other news, I had the worst scare yesterday.  I have been getting more and more sick of my heart monitor contraption being hooked to me at all times.  My skin is getting destroyed and is constantly sore, I am so sick of carrying another cell phone around at all times and charging it twice a day, and sleeping is bad enough without worrying about tangled cords and disconnected electrodes.  Needless to say I am pretty dang excited about only having about 10 days left of misery.

So when I received a phone call from Life Watch (the company monitoring the data that is being continuously recorded and sent away to a computer somewhere) calmly informing me that my account was never activated and they haven't been recording the information this entire time.  I had a breakdown.  I just started crying on the phone, and I mean really crying.  The poor lady was so taken aback by my tears, she just didn't know what to do.  I tried to explain to her that I'm 7 months pregnant and sleeping is hard enough and I just can't wear the monitor for another thirty days and that's why I'm crying, and she calmly tells me I just have to call my cardiologists office and talk to them about it.  She was very nice, but still couldn't do anything. 

So I call my cardiologists office, still crying mind you, and try hard to be coherent enough for the receptionist to understand what I'm saying.  I finally get put through to the nurse who got me set up with my monitor, and she assures me that she did in fact register the device, and that she will call Life Watch right away and make sure everything is sorted out.  I only had to wait a few minutes before she called me back and let me know that there was a mistake and they actually had been recording the information.  Which was obviously a big relief, but after hanging up the phone, I just sat back exhausted from such a rollercoaster of emotions. 

Luckily I revived myself and worked on shower planning with my sisters the rest of the day, and my mood improved greatly.  I can't believe that my baby shower is only four weeks away!  I am so excited to celebrate with friends and family.  I've always loved baby showers, and the fact that the next one I go to will be celebrating my baby is pretty surreal. 

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Whitney!! I would have had a breakdown as well! I would have probably ripped the thing off and swore to never wear it again. Good thing everything is fine.... and WHY would the company wait TWENTY + days to tell you that??! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously!! it was horrible. I just wanted to rip it all off, stuff it in the box it came with and throw it out the window. Good thing I didn't though lol. But man. So. Very. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey told me - I am so sorry!! I was horrified!!! I wonder what that little heart monitor will show when they read that mornings readings?

    On a more blond note, as I read this I thought, wonder what Whitney is having, she looks like she's carrying a little low....duh...then I was oh yeah - Riggs!! What a dork I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Aunt Connie!! Whitney I love the new header and your Be a Deer comment thingy. So here's my comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! 29 weeks :D I love the new layout and the pics are too cute. Sorry about that dumb monitor!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete