Wednesday, October 12, 2011

frosty fall update

I have finally been feeling some braxton hicks contractions, at least I think that's what they are.  This entire pregnancy, I've felt like other pregnant ladies seem to know right away what they are feeling or going through, whereas for me it's not so clear.  For example, I think I've felt a little bit of heartburn here and there for the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sure.  It wasn't that bad, just a little bit of burning in my chest after eating in the evenings, but it goes away pretty quick.  Was that heartburn? 

It's the same thing with Braxton Hicks.  I'll start to feel pretty uncomfortable in the whole abdomen region, and I reach down to feel and my entire uterus feels pretty hard.  It lasts for what feels like a long time, but I'm sure it's only a minute or two at the most.  Was that a BH contraction? 

One thing I know for sure is that my little guy is always moving now!  He might not necessarily be kicking or punching, but he's definitely wiggling and rolling around in there!  When I'm moving around a bunch I might not notice the movements quite as much, but I look down at my belly and there are definitely movements going on!  I'm glad he moves so much, it is very reassuring and a great reminder that he's happy and healthy in there.  Every night when Steve and I get in bed, we love to just lay there and watch our baby move.  It's so exciting to think that in just 12 weeks (give or take) , he'll be moving and squirming on the outside! 

In other news, I've been having a lot of pretty annoying lower back/pelvic pain.  It just started about a week or two ago, and is sometimes much worse than others.  I wake up in the night to use the bathroom, and can't get back to sleep because of it!  Last night Steve just pushed on my lower back for like five minutes straight, and I was finally able to relax enough to get back to sleep, but it is always there in the background, this nagging ache.  I went swimming on Monday, and it was probably the best I've felt in a very long time.  I loved it!  Plus the Alaska Club South has a saltwater pool, so the water wasn't harsh or irritating to my wounds from my heart monitor stickies.

Which brings up a whole new can a worms - my heart monitor. Only 11 more days, but who is counting, right? I can't wait to not be getting tangled in cords every night and not have painful open wounds on my chest and ribcage from the sticky electrode pads. Did I mention they were sore and itchy all the time? Becuase of that I was a little nervous to go swimming (about how the water would affect the wounds) but I never even noticed a difference, so I'm excited to get back in the pool (hopefully right after I'm done with this blog post!)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I haven't been on my home computer and won't be for another week, so my access to picture editing software is pretty limited. I feel sad blogging without at least a picture or tow, so I thought I'd share some pictures from my phone. It's better than nothing, right?

Sunday we took Corbin to the park...


...he had a blast, as you can see :)

my pile of poodles
we're watching my parents two standard poodles,
with our little guy, it's oodles of poodles!

2 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to read your blog and know that you are just doing so well. Are you having internal checks yet (can't remember what they call them?). Sounds like HB and BH to me! he he he that's funny HB/BH...

    Any first time moms who sound sure are just really guessing, they're just confident guessers. Hope I get to see you with Riggs on the inside for a short time, then lots of Riggs on the outside come December.

    Doug and I pray for you literally, every day for Riggs, for your heart, for a safe and healthy delivery for you both and for your family overall.

    I love you so much!

    Aunt Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog reminds me so much of my pregnancy!! I never knew what I was feeling... and I also remember the midwives telling me "you will know when it is time" .... hahhahaa.... that wasn't the case with me. (But, I'm weird...) The more you get heartburn, the more you will be able to identify it. It is not fun. I'm glad you are still doing well! Somewhere in town they have prenatal swim class.... maybe you should look into that!

    ReplyDelete