Thursday, March 27, 2014

choose joy

The sun has been shining here for weeks and yet I can't seem to shake this hazy cloud of melancholy that seems to have settled over me. I can see the promise of spring, and yet it's still frosty and cold in the mornings. My pregnancy is going by almost too fast, and yet June seems so distant and unattainable. I feel like I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting, for so many things, and it's bringing me down.

I've posted before about looking ahead to the future too much and forgetting to appreciate each day as I live it, but it seems to be a pattern that I fall so easily into. This morning I thought I'd share some inspiring words that help me stop worrying/wanting, start giving thanks, and make a conscious choice to choose joy each day. ♥  

14 comments:

  1. I have that same problem of looking into the future for what's next instead of appreciating the present. It's hard. Are you working on any projects? (workouts, sewing, etc). Sometimes that helps me if I feel in a funk...if I can give myself something to focus on. Sunny weather is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quotes. I love this and I know what you mean. I'm in a rut this afternoon and I hate feeling like I'm spinning my wheels. Summer is around the corner and it'll help so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BREATH OF FRESH AIR! What a pretty post and such important words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* Katie Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. They're so bright and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! They'd be so pretty as prints hanging up in the house! I have a "secret" board on Pinterest that I pin things like this and anything that's inspirational to me to stay positive and grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post and enjoyed the inspiring words. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to work on my projects, I'm just in that 'nothing sounds fun/interesting' slump! This time of year is always hard for me, especially now when I have so much to look forward to! But every day is a gift and I don't want to wish away the days I'm living now either...it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really will! The sunny days have already been helping so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you :) I really do need to print a few of these up and hang them up around my house! Such good reminders...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too...I want to buy it all and wallpaper my house in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea! I've actually been using them as the wallpaper on my phone because I've really been needing the extra reminder! But I think I'm definitely going to have to put some up around the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you enjoyed it Briana! :)

    ReplyDelete