Monday, March 31, 2014

26/27 week update


Well I'm a bit behind. I never got around to posting a 26 week update, mostly because nothing noteworthy had really happened during the week. Plus those little 'questions' I answer each week do seem to get really repetitive and almost difficult to 'answer' for me, so I just put it off. This week I'm going to scrap the outline and just mention what I feel like. Call me a rebel, haha.

I've been feeling really good lately and getting great sleep, which is nice. But I did wake up to an excruciating muscle cramp in my calf about three days ago, which was just miserable. I was in so much pain I couldn't even communicate to Steve what was wrong, other than moaning and holding my calf. Luckily he figured it out and put pressure right where the cramp was and the overwhelming pain faded after about 30 seconds. I was so grateful for his help, and glad that it had passed, but my calf was sore for another day or two.

I've also started to feel lots of uncomfortable pressure in my ribs when I sit for more than 10 minutes, which I never felt with Riggs, even when I was past my due date. I did measure quite a bit ahead (fundal height) at my last midwife appointment, so they're probably going to do an ultrasound at my next appointment on Wednesday. I'm happy to get the chance to see our baby, but I'm also hoping to be reassured that everything's ok/normal in there. The midwives don't seem too worried but it's hard for me not to worry a little. I'll just be very happy to get to my appointment and see what's going on.


In other news, I've been craving potato chips and Sierra Mist like crazy and indulging during naptime every once in a while. I'm never a soda person either so it's pretty odd, but ohhh so good right now. I've also been baking like crazy lately and craving strawberries, yogurt and salad. 

My mom went to Seattle recently and brought back some adorable, perfect little clothes for baby girl. I just can't wait to see her in them! It's so nice to have so many people who love our little girl so much already :)


I have no idea how much weight I've gained, I forgot to weigh myself at my last appointment. I feel like I might be up 20 pounds now, but who knows. I'm just feeling big ha. I can't really believe that as of Thursday I'll be 28 weeks and into my third trimester. You other mamas aren't kidding when you say the second pregnancy goes by so much faster than the first. It's just flying by! 

2 comments:

  1. YOU need to go to Seattle, but when I'm not in Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great! Interested to hear how things go with the appt! Hope all is well! Im on the chip craving train too! haha!

    ReplyDelete