Saturday, March 8, 2014

six months hurray!

Ok, first of all, I apologize for my face in that picture. It's just I look in the mirror and I can't help but think woah, I'm getting really pregnant! I took those pictures after working out with Riggs (you may have seen my instagram post about it) and I think I was expecting to see my not pregnant self or something...

How Far Along? 24 weeks

Size of Baby: an ear of corn (just over a pound - 4oz more than last week - and almost a foot long)

Gender: Sweet baby girl :)

Weight Gain: 15 pounds.


Nursery: 
Check out my idea board on Pinterest here. Last week I wrote: "Hoping to post my shared-nursery inspiration by the end of next week." Well, that didn't happen haha. I'll keep working to get it done soon! But at this rate I'll be lucky to pick a paint color by the end of the month.

I'm being a big baby and wishing we had another bedroom to decorate just for baby girl. I am in love with pink right now and ever since seeing a blog-friend's freshly painted girls room I've been slightly obsessed. And it's sort of caused a mental roadblock as far as how to decorate the one room that I do have.

I did get the fabric I needed to finish baby girls quilt and have most of it cut out and ready to sew. Our quick trip to Homer sort of put that on hold for a few days but I'm hoping to finish the quilt top this weekend. I'll share pictures when I finally do get it done.

Movement: Her kicks are getting strong enough to easily see from the outside. I love to just sit back and watch her go when she's having an especially active moment. My favorite part of pregnancy hands down is getting to feel those movements. 

Symptoms: The usual, haha. I actually feel pretty dang good and I'm very thankful to be so healthy and happy. I feel like my belly has grown a lot this week and it's really obvious I'm pregnant now. I especially notice a difference from the front:

not sure what's with the creepy faces I make while trying to get a good selfie.
anyone else have selfie-face-problems? I should just get Steve to take my pictures for me
but I feel bad making him take a million until I'm satisfied with one or two.

Sleep: Sleeping great still. It's amazing how stiff I feel in the morning after sleeping on my left side the entire night, but it wears off quickly.

Cravings: Still craving sweets. I doubt that will change anytime soon haha.

What I Miss: Being able to sleep/lay on my stomach. 


Best Moment This Week: Meeting our sweet new niece in Homer. She is such a perfect little wood sprite and I'm so happy for my brother and sister-in-law. Holding that warm little body definitely made me even more anxious to hold my own baby girl!

Looking Forward To: My midwife appointment next week. Except I think I'll be moving to appointments every two weeks after that, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. How is this pregnancy going by so quickly?

3 comments:

  1. Wow you look so cute! Your bangs are perfect (of course) and your belly is huge already! I love your "Cravings" answer haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I don't think it's possible to take a selfish without having any sort of face. Those are great selfie faces. :)

    ReplyDelete