Tuesday, October 22, 2013

paper garland for fall


Early on in October, I saw this blog post for a DIY paper garland from Amanda over at Happily Ever After and I put it on my mental to do list (check out her blog for instructions and much cuter pictures). I finally got around to getting some card stock and went to work cutting out circles yesterday. I have a little circle cutting tool that made it pretty easy and I may have even cut out some red, green and white circles for another upcoming holiday...


When I was finished sewing them up, I hung them up in Riggs' room to go with his fall/halloween books and his little pumpkin 'bag' (what he calls it) he picked out at the store last week. I think it turned out pretty dang cute :)


5 comments:

  1. Love the colors you picked for yours! Okay you and Amanda are making me super anxious to make these! They add such a cute touch. And I'm totally obsessed with your photos that show your windows just so I can see your views! SO beautiful up there in Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jessica! It was so easy to make and looks so cute up there on his bookshelves :) I love our view too, so nice to look out and see trees and mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah @ Joyful LifeOctober 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

    Adorable! Been looking for a new garland! Was thinking about making a yarn pom one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a pom pom garland!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Twinsies as usual- have the same jack-o-lantern on my bookshelf. $2 at Walmart, right? :)

    ReplyDelete