Monday, October 7, 2013

weekending


Riggs got a 'new' toy on Friday, and he hasn't been inside since. Seriously though, we've basically spent all our free time outside in his car aside from eating and sleeping. Who knew a old, pink cozy coup would be such a hit. I can't decide if I'm going to be lazy and leave it the way it is or paint it to make it a little more custom for him (and less pink). I don't really think he would mind either way, and it seems like a bit of work...plus I don't think I could get him out of it for long enough to paint it!

Saturday Steve's mom came out to visit (all the way from Homer) and we were all so happy to have Grandma here. My poor MIL broke her leg in two places in early summer but is finally 'just' in a boot and able to walk around. She is such an active person that this break has really been hard on her, both physically and emotionally. Not being able to get around like you're used to is tough! She spent two months without being able to put any weight on it - and this is a woman who can usually be found playing some serious tennis, biking 15 miles roundtrip to work everyday, kayaking, sailing or hiking depending on the day of the week.

You can imagine that she was pretty happy to be up and taking a walk around the neighborhood with Riggs, and he was pretty thrilled about it too. Dotti loves pictures as much as I do so I was the official photographer for the day (don't mind my apron, I was baking a pie before we headed out on the walk).


Grandma also brought a pumpkin to carve with Riggs, so fun! Riggs was very intrigued by the pumpkin and loved 'helping' carve it. We carved one last year but I highly doubt he remembers, haha. It is so so so fun at this age to be able to get more into holidays and celebrations since he's really starting to get it! It makes me very excited for Christmas :)


He was having a great time until it came to carving the face. For some reason it really scared him! Dotti and I were just about in tears laughing from his reaction to the nose popping out after we cut it. So funny!

Grandma stayed the night and went to church with us in the morning. Then she had to head to Anchorage and catch a flight for some training in Seattle. There were definitely tears, especially when she hugged Riggs and Steve goodbye. It's hard living 'so far' (5 hours away) and I understand it so much better now that I'm a mama. We are going down for the whole Thanksgiving weekend and it yet that seems too far away. I really can't wait until Steve can take more time off work to go and visit more.
The rest of Sunday was just spent lazing around, cuddled up on the couch in the rainy weather. Truly a perfect weekend. Hope yours was just as lovely :) Before you go, how cute is this picture of Riggs cuddling Tutka on the couch?! Just melts my heart. I was lucky enough to get a video too, click over to insagram to see it.

7 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the pumpkin video- so sweet. Looks like a fun weekend! And the leaves are GORGEOUS right now! I love where you live :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it hilarious! wish you could pop over for a visit :(

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet moment... Riggs and beautiful Tutka! Everytime I see Riggs I CANNOT believe how much he is like Lina! His look and behaviour is totally the same. How is this possible?

    But I think this is one of the reasons he is so much in my heart. I simply LOVE seeing him and hearing about his life.

    Hugs to you lovely lady and a big kiss for Riggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxima! I always think the same thing, they are so similar! Lina is such a little beauty, they would be such cute little friends :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. That's a sweet ride, Riggs! Aren't they so cute in those little cars. Looks like mama has a lot of her own toys too - nice camera gear!

    So nice you had some time with family. Always the best moments...like that pumpkin carving - seriously that video is soooooooo sweet!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so funny! Haha yes one camera is mine, and one is my MILs :)

      Thank you Marta xx

      Delete
  4. Grandmas are such special people. I am also in love with the beautiful fall trees! I've heard Alaska is beautiful in the fall!

    ReplyDelete