Wednesday, October 16, 2013

first ski of the season

Just two and a half months ago, Riggs and I were hiking in 80 degrees up at Hatcher's pass. This week, we dusted off our skis and headed up to the mine for our first ski of the season. This is why I love Alaska, people!!


There's no snow on the ground down at our house yet, but it's so nice to drive 25 minutes to get my ski on. Usually you'll never hear me say "I can't wait for Riggs to..." but man, I can't wait for Riggs to be old enough to really ski! He has little toddler skis that we'll try out in the yard once it snows at our house, but I can't wait to sign him up for junior nordic and watch him skiing around with his little friends and for the day I get to cheer him on at his races.


We skied out to the mine and back, not really possible to go too far without Riggs getting a little antsy. When we got there we stopped and I let him out to play in the snow for quite a while. So fun seeing him crunch around, eating snow and making snow balls [video].


If you love skiing I highly recommend making the drive up to Hatchers for some early fun in the snow. Plus it's great for tiring out littles too ;)

11 comments:

  1. Can't believe how much change has happened up there in the last two months! Alaska is crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that view! We made a stop up there last year. I remember when you could drive all the way to the mines! Can't believe there is so much snow up there already!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish we lived in Alaska! That looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaska is so beautiful! Riggs looks like he really loves the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it's already got a few feet! Can't wait till theres snow here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It truly is! I just love it up there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a great place to live. Hopefully you can at least visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jennifer! It's funny at first he hated it! He cried when it got on his coat, haha. But after a minute or two he realized it was fun and now he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so beautiful there! Thanks for sharing- I'm so happy I stumbled upon your blog- I have always wanted a peak into Alaska!
    xxoo- Lhasa from Lhasa's Lovey Day (Oh, I'm new to the blog hop- so that's how I found you!)

    ReplyDelete