Thursday, October 10, 2013

fall means baking: Neja's Baked Apples

I know I've talked about this before, but one of my most favorite things about blogging is the community. I just love 'meeting' new people and getting to know them through their blogs. It's truly amazing to have friends in in other states, and sometimes even in other countries.

Today I want to introduce you to a new friend, Neja, who is lovely, sweet, inspiring, amazing, and seriously gifted in the kitchen. This girl can cook! If you're not following her already, you want to be! Her recipes are amazing, and her pictures are truly divine.

She graciously agreed to come on over to my blog today and share a yummy fall-inspired recipe with us. What I've posted here is just a tiny snippet of how amazing Neja is, so once your done reading this post, click on over to her blog to see what it's all about and follow along. 

.............................................................................................................................................

My name is Neja, a Slovenian girl behind the blog You CAN have your cake and eat it tooI am a girl, who can turn wearing an apron into something cool. Food is my passion. I love to eat it, talk about it, photograph it! I cry when the recipe doesn't work! I am a passionate rambler, outloud thinker and a seeker of positive, beautiful things. I believe you CAN have your cake & eat it too!

The blog: I explore and try out recipes from other blogs, cooking sites and cooking books. My blog is mainly about food, but that's not all. I have a category named Neja's Milkshake, where I share my thoughts, videos, pics from trips and everything that's beautiful and positive.


 Baked Apples 

Ingredients
6 apples
2/4 cup chopped different nuts and raisins
6 teaspoon oatmeal
5 tablespoon maple syrup (+more for topping)
4 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon flax seeds


The process
Peel apples, core the middle out (leave the bottom).
Mix all ingredients together.
Fill apples with the filling.
Drizzle maple syrup on top of apples.
Bake for 45 min at 350°F.
It's really delicious if you serve them with a scoop of ice cream. Bon appetite!


4 comments:

  1. those look absolutely delicious!! I always forget about how amazing baked apples are!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look ridiculously good. I can't wait to try them!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Those look amazing... don't mind if I do haha. We'll have to try these soon, definitely.

    ReplyDelete