Tuesday, July 10, 2012

KCCO

{I am linked up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for this post}













Yesterday I spent time patiently transforming hanks of yarn into balls.  It was slow going, yet very relaxing and rewarding work.  It was like a well earned break for my brain, since I had to focus most all my attention on the task at hand, and didn't really have a chance to think about anything else.  I have a problem with thinking too much, my mind always going at full speed ahead, even when I need to relax and take a break or sleep.  

After all the winding, I was able to start on a hat that I've been meaning to make for Riggs for a long time now.  It is a chunky, oversized owl hat that I think will be perfect for fall.  I got the main body of the hat finished last night and hope to finish the earflaps and the little owl bits today.  

I am always drawing up plans for a Mother Goose themed soft play book for Riggs.  He loves books and I have been very tempted to purchase a crinkly baby book when I am out and about, but am always disappointed to find that they are made in China and have materials that are known not to be safe for babies.  Ugh...it's so frustrating!  But I guess it's a good thing, since I am fully capable of making one at home and even have plenty of scraps to do so without needing to buy anything.  

It's a dreary rainy day today, my favorite type of weather other than dark, heavy snow.  I have to drive into town for a doctors appointment so I doubt I will get as much done today as I have hoped, but I'm going to try!  Hope you all have a happy and crafty Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. There used to be a lady at the Saturday market who made taggy baby blankets and quilted baby books, I don't know if she is still there? Robert helps me roll yarn lol, we put on a movie in the evening and roll away :) though it has become a lot harder since adding Pixie to the brood she thinks its a game of course...love the turquoise so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice seeing you! Even if it was just a moment at work :P The book idea sounds so cute! I can't wait to see the finished project

    ReplyDelete