Monday, July 30, 2012

::growing gratitude::



Right now I am...


...sort of obsessed with taking pictures outside.  Each year I forget just how beautiful summer is in Alaska, and I just want to preserve it for when I need a little green during the winter months.


...really starting to settle into living in a new town.  Riggs and I have slowly started to explore Palmer, and we have been finding plenty of fun, baby friendly things to do around town.



...filled with gratitude that I get to watch my little Riggy explore the world, in awe of all the things we seem to take for granted, like how the petals of a flower feel between your fingers.



...a little sad that I didn't make building raised beds a priority this spring when we first moved in.  I would love to be out harvesting our first crops right about now.  But also determined to get them in by the end of summer to have them ready for next year.



...filled with ideas for making our outdoor space more livable but a little bit overwhelmed as well.  It is always so hard to get started on projects for me...



...thankful that I have gotten to spend some quality time with my little sister this summer, in the short couple of months that she is home from college.  We went to the Zoo on her day off from work last week and enjoyed observing the animals, made lazy by the heat from the sun.







...thrilled by how much Riggs seems to love being outside.  He really soaks it in wherever we may be, and can't get enough of all the sights that he can see.









No comments:

Post a Comment