Saturday, June 7, 2014

pregnancy update: 37 weeks


How Far Along? 37 weeks (21 day until my due date)

Size of Baby: Bunch of swiss chard (a bit over 19 inches and almost 6 1/3 pounds)

Gender: Girl!

Weight Gain: Didn't gain any weight this week so still up 27 pounds from pre-pregnancy. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes. And also Steve's comfy shirts/sweaters:


Stretch Marks: None yet. Didn't get any with Riggs and since my belly is actually smaller this time around I don't really expect to, but you never know.


 Nursery: Packed baby girls bag and made a list for what we'll need for the birth center. I'll be sharing it next week, as I found it easy to find packing lists for hospital births but difficult to find many list ideas for birth center births. 

Movement: Still quite the active baby but she's definitely run out of room in there. Although it doesn't stop her much from trying to stretch completely out. I can often feel the perfect outline of her little feet as she tries to straighten her little legs out. I haven't managed to get a good picture of little feet through my belly skin but I did capture this gem yesterday:


Symptoms: Braxton-hicks all.the.time. Peeing all.the.time. Emotional. Yet still thankful to be feeling pretty dang good most of the day and able to get around and do nearly everything I need to do. Have no problem picking up Riggs and carrying him around or bending over to do chicken chores (as long as there's room for me to squat haha). 

Cravings: Watermelon, grapes, homemade thin-crust pizza, cold water, croissants.

What I Miss: My old clothes and my old level of patience. 

Best Moment This Week: Laying out in the sun and blustery wind with Riggs yesterday. He had just woken up from his nap and snuggled with me so good. It was one of those times I just want to savor and remember forever.

Looking Forward to: My little sister's college graduation party tomorrow and my Birth Center Orientation appointment Monday, although I'm not sure that I really need the whole spiel since I already had one baby there, but it's just routine I guess. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that picture of your belly with her clearly moving around!! What a great capture, I never thought to take a picture of it. haha! But you look so great, and are getting so close now. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the number one thing I do NOT miss during pregnancy - peeing all the freakin time! hahaha. seriously, I feel ya! I already have the world's smallest bladder so throwing pregnancy peeing in with that sucks! you are so stinkin cute pregnant, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it scary? I had to get a picture because it was sooo. creepy. lol And thank you I'm getting really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man yes the peeing has gotten to be out of control. I am soooo ready to not be peeing every time I just happen to get comfortable ha. And thank you, I don't feel that cute (or actually sometimes I do, and then I look in the mirror and the feeling doesn't last hahahaa)

    ReplyDelete