Monday, June 9, 2014

hopes & plans

I just love making lists and there's no better time for it than two weeks before your due to have a baby. So much to do! Also I've been meaning to link up with Amanda over at Merry Mint for weeks now but Monday posts just haven't been happening lately. 

But! Here I am this week ready to check some chores off my list!


ONE | Birth Center Packing List - finalize list, gather things that I can now in our (me - Steve - Riggs) bags and post to blog with what I recommend bringing along for a planned birth center birth.

TWO | find some reading material - I'm not talking about award winning stuff here, I'm talking about easy summer reading for keeping my mind busy these next couple of weeks.

THREE | chicken coop netting - this needs to be redone so bad and I have to get it done before baby girl gets here. that way I don't have to make my mom chase wily chickens when she's here helping me after baby is born ha.

FOUR | schedule wax/mani/pedi - Being super pregnant/newly postpartum can really deal a blow to a girls self-confidence, but being nicely groomed can really go along way in helping to feel at least a little bit put together.

Marry Mint

11 comments:

  1. I love this post! But I think watching mom chase your chickens would be hilarious! 😛

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your packing list! I had a list written but since Mal came early we tossed a bunch of crap in the car and off we went (obviously Kyle had to come home several times LOL!) Where is your go to wax/mani/pedi spot in town?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so something I would do - make a list of stuff I need done/want done before baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! When did you get so far along in your pregnancy? Haha I can't believe it! I totally hear you on the waxing thing. Those simple things make a big difference. During my postpartum period with Ben (which was a hot mess anyway), I felt so ugly and insecure for a lot of reasons, but my HAIR was driving me bonkers. It is super thick and high maintenance, and because I didn't have the time with a newborn to properly dry it and straighten it out etc it looked horrible all the time. Anyway, my long ramble here is that next time around I told Justin I am going to crop it off super short before the baby comes so I will feel better about myself. Maybe more drastic than a mani/pedi....haha! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list! I'm so excited for you! And I agree with number 4 - being in the last weeks of pregnancy and then being in the first weeks of life with a newborn took a huge toll on my self-esteem. I went from feeling like Santa Claus to feeling haggard and jelly-soft like. Totally do all you can to help yourself feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha it soooo would be. maybe we'll stage one escape just for laughs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it all written out in my notebook but am dragging my feet typing it up and posting it for some reason. I'll get to it eventually I guess! I'm lucky, my bff can do the mani/pedi for me and then I don't know about the waxing. I'm trying a new place in Wasilla that was highly recommended. Two years later and I'm still sort of floating between the Anchorage/Valley 'beauty' communities haha. And I actually usually do my own waxing, but want to pamper myself (if you can call waxing pampering lol) this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love making lists so any reason is good for me haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I think I'm actually a little bit in denial that I'm actually going to be having a baby sometime in the next four weeks! lol. Your hair is soooo gorgeous but I can totally understand. My hair is really easily tangled and is a weird wavy consistency/texture (with straight pieces in the front, lovely) if I don't blow it out...so not sure how that'll go with new baby but we'll see. I just want to do as much as I can to boost that self-esteem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jessica! I'm excited too (although a little bit in denial I think ha). I'm hoping if I get a few basic things taken care of - like fresh haircut (check!), mani/pedi, and wax it will help with the hit I know my self-esteem is going to take. Luckily there's such a sweet, cuddly reason for feeling ugly hahaaha.

    ReplyDelete