Saturday, September 1, 2012

thrifted treasures


I just love a good thrifting trip.  I have had such good luck the last couple of trips that I thought I'd share some of my favorite finds.  There are two thrift stores (that I know of) here in Palmer, Family First Treasures and Bishops Attic.  I've found a few good thing at each place, and one of the things I love is that there is a lot to search through!  That's one of my favorite things about thrifting, spending an hour (or more...or much more) in the small, but packed stores, sorting through things that seem to have no value for a gem here and there.

I found this beautiful teal colored Fiesta mug at Family First Treasures for $0.50 - really?  I was so excited, especially because it is in perfect condition.  I also picked out two other mugs, a lovely deep, dark blue and another teal colored mug with a beautiful shape.



Then the most exciting find of all was the four glass insulators that I found on a high shelf near the cash register, a sort of a neglected spot that I barely spotted as I was about to leave.  Three of them are on the original wire still, and I can't wait to clean them up and put them on display.





I'd love to find a few blue or green versions as well, but for now I am very happy with these.  I love that they're so beautiful and have such a history, as well as a significance to our family since Steve is a lineman apprentice and will (hopefully) be in the trade for many years to come. We love our lineman and are thankful to him for working so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment