Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Keeping Busy...

Right now, I am...


...laughing multiple times a day as I watch Riggs and Tutka interact together.  It amazes me how gentle and patient Tutka is with Riggs, especially when Riggs isn't quite so gentle himself.  It's what we were hoping for when we added Tutka to our family with Riggs so young (they are only a month and two days apart), and it's satisfying to see their relationship developing so nicely.  

...about to enter the strange couple of weeks in between fall and winter.  I love fall, and I love winter, but I'm not so sure about the drab days that are usually October in Alaska.  Out here in our little corner of the Butte, the constant rain and wind have stripped the trees of nearly all the leaves and I know one day soon we will wake up to find those beautiful colors have all turned to brown and the glory days of fall will be over.  Then the scramble will really begin to get everything buckled down for the first snow...I'm hoping to get some Christmas lights up at some point during October, before the snow begins to fly.  One (of the many) things I love about our new house is the outlets up under the eve of the roof which are connected to a light switch inside the house just for Christmas lights.  Now I just have to decide whether or not we will put up white lights or those big, ceramic colored lights...



...having the time of my life watching Riggs grow and change and learn.  He is so mobile now, although he still isn't quite crawling.  He can army crawl all around but when he's up on his hands and knees, he hasn't quite figured out how to move his arms at the same time as his legs.  Now that he can get around and get into things, he is happy to spend nearly the entire day (between naps and meals) down on the floor just hanging out and doing his thing.  It's amazing to see how independent he is.  He is also starting to really understand cause and effect, and can really play in a more interactive way because of it.

Here is a video of Riggs playing with his Opa and Oma (Steve's dad and his wife, Dorle) when they visited this past weekend:

1 comment: