Tuesday, September 11, 2012

KCCO


The other day I posted about thrifting, and here is another thrifting success story.  While browsing around, I happened to pick up a few picture frames, one with a cute little picture of a mouse and two others that matched with nothing in them.  They were about $1 for all of them, and when I  got home I painted the two matching frames a bright blue to use in Riggy's room.

They've been dry for quite some time, but I wasn't quite sure what to use them for.  Then today I decided just to make up a little something to put inside them and get them up in his room.  I've really been into Longfellow lately, and one quote of his in particular stood out to me, so I jotted it down on some lined paper, cut it to the right dimensions, and slapped it in there.  I thought it turned out pretty cute:

 


For the other, I used some scrapbook paper and jotted down the specifics of Riggs' birth, which was eight months ago tomorrow.  And now excuse me while I go cry somewhere and beg Riggs to stop growing (for the record I tried this with my nephew Corbin, and he's in Kindergarten now, so I don't think this method works too well).



I really like how they turned out, but I might have to redo the one with Riggs' birth stats - the '5' just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.  I love how they turned out in his room too, they fit just perfectly on the little bit of wall left over next to his closet.

Riggs likes them too.  Here he is telling you all about it!  My big-nearly-eight-month-old baby boy.  SOB.




linked up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

2 comments:

  1. He's just darling and I just can't believe it's been 8 months either!!! Also I LOVE the frames and what you put in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the raining quote and your handwriting :P Such a cute idea- (even if I do hate "thrifting"- aka dust-catching ;P) love!

    ReplyDelete