Monday, September 22, 2014

currently {vol. 4}

wondering | if I'm going to make it through today. It's just one of those the-weekend-wasn't-long-enough sort of Mondays, for both me and the kids I think.

thinking | about so many ideas I have swirling around in my head for how to occupy my precious free/me time. I want to get better at knitting and sewing (fall&winter give me the crafting bug) and actually use some of the yarn and fabric I've been hoarding. 

wishing | as much as I love fall, I'm wishing we had gotten to do more things this summer. like camping. and more bonfires. I think next summer I'm going to have the kids spend the night at grandmas so Steve and I can go camping one night by ourselves. that pretty much sounds amazing right now. 

listening to | the faint sound of the washing machine. Riggs pulling his little wooden snail in circles around the kitchen island where I'm typing. bird noises outside the kitchen window where we have a feeder hanging up. 

reading | nothing. it's sad, but I just haven't made reading a priority lately. there's so many other things I want to do in my free time. especially since I haven't found any books lately that really interest me. I did order this and this off amazon last week, maybe I'll actually read them right away when they get here instead of waiting a year (or two).

hoping | that I actually blog more than once this week. that I fulfill my goal to work out every other day. that soccer goes better next week than the nightmare that was last week (pretty sure we don't pay for Riggs to go lay on the floor in the middle of the gym and cry for snacks). that it snows a lot this winter, instead of the freeze/thaw cycle that was last winter. that I eventually fit into all my jeans that are neatly folded up in my closet. that I'm able to get my mood turned around during naptime. 

thankful | for fall. for family. for friends. for Steve getting up at 4am to go to the gym before work instead of after so he can spend more time with us. for yogurt and chocolate chips that I wait until naptime to eat so I can savor each bite. for this space where I share good time and hard times and make friends that I wish I could hang out with in person. you are all amazing!  


15 comments:

  1. Aww I hope the day turns around for you guys! We have so many of these days! I am hoping that this winter we do more things. We packed our summer full of stuff, but I feel like in winter I just hide out. And that swing set is the greatest thing ev-er!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures! I can't believe you're wearing hats and coats already. Brrr... I was thinking the same thing just yesterday: camping with just my husband sounds like the best weekend getaway! Here's a virtual hug and hoping you get through your day okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your little ones find fun all on their own! I'm always amazed at the times where I have said that, "I wish we had done or gone to.." and mine have responded, "what do you mean, we did all of these other cool things!" :) Right now, I wish I could read something totally non-academic! Maybe, I have time for a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the little pictures. So precious. But I hear ya about the "over the week and it's only Monday." gah... And we (hubs and I) are actually talking about camping with and/or without the little one. We were such campers BB (before baby) but now we've slowed down considerably. I need my tent, hiking and fire! Maybe this fall :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Whitney! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I have been following yours for a little bit now and I'm pretty sure I found you through this link up! I love all of your photos so much, and I'm just a tad jealous of your cooler temps. The grass is always greener though, am I right?!


    I agree with you on the reading part... I find it so hard to find the time to read, and I guess I could find the time it's just not high up on my priority list. Blogging really does take up a lot of my free time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in a reading funk myself. I kept picking up such flops that I lost motivation and I am way off of my reading goal thus far this year. I hope your two new ones get read sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your day turned around, I know how those days feel! I didn't read much of anything the entire year after my second baby, and I'm a reader so I missed it! I think I felt like with everything else, I just didn't have the time or energy at the end of the day. I love that picture of them in the swings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Kelsey! it was just one of those mornings, and luckily the day did get better, especially during naptime, haha. I always want to do stuff in winter but it will be interesting to see how much getting myself and two kids into winter gear slows me down this year. it can be so exhausting just getting packed to leave the house, haha. we are seriously loving the swingset. probably me more than anyone at this point - it gives me something to do while I watch Riggs play ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man it's getting downright chilly here Jessie! It's supposed to be below freezing tonight and it snowed today in Fairbanks, a town north of here. thanks for the "hug", I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so true, even when I wish we would have done more I'm so thankful for the fun times we did have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fall hiking/camping solo sounds amazing! If Raina were a little older I would seriously consider it this year!! I hope you get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thanks Tawnya, glad you've enjoyed following along. I'm excited to follow you now too! I kind of put blogging before reading too, mostly because I really enjoy it as a creative outlet and also because I miss all my blog friends when I'm gone too long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is hard to find good books when you feel like you've read them all! I'm so bad at trying new books too, they have to really appeal to me from the outside/description for me to even try starting them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessica, thank you! and I would not have believe it ten years ago if someone told me I wouldn't be reading every day in the future. but here I am, barely reading at all. and I miss it so much! I love to read and get into a new story, but it's hard to find new books that sound interesting and really, I just have so many other things to do. I figure I'll have plenty of time to read (and cry in the corner) when my babies are grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha Riggs laid in the middle of the floor and cried for snacks. I'm sure it wasn't funny while it was happening, but I couldn't help but laugh. Organized sports for youngsters can be really hard. Parents have to have a will of iron! Love you honey you are doing a wonderful job raising these two little cuties!!

    ReplyDelete