Tuesday, September 9, 2014

our Alaska State Fair 2014

We managed to make it to the fair a few times this year and had so much fun every time we were there. I'm a little sad because we planned on going back for the last weekend as a family so that Riggs could ride some rides but because he was sick we didn't get to. I guess there's always next year!

I went on the first day (during $2 admission, hurray!) with just the kids, which was actually really fun and relaxing. It wasn't too busy yet even though it was a beautiful day and since it was just me I was able to visit the exact shops I wanted to without feeling like I was inconveniencing/boring anyone else (other than maybe Riggs, ha).


We next Friday with Sarah, Lyla and Sarah's mom Vivian. It was so much fun and such a huge help to have a grandma along! Vivian was so sweet, even changing Raina's diaper when my hands were full with Riggs. Thank you Vivian!!

I think this was the best hour and half of our day: all three of them asleep at the SAME TIME

Steve and I went with the kids Saturday after he got off work and we watched the motocross and ate dinner there. It was really fun but I was expecting Riggs to fall asleep in the stoller and he never did. So that was a little tricky. But it was still fun to be out and about and it was soo nice to walk around in the dark just talking with Steve (it doesn't really get dark in the summer here, unless you stay up until 2am and even this there's still a fair amount of light). 


Then the next Friday Steve and I went with just Raina while Grandma Dotti (Steve's mom) watched Riggs. THAT was fun. Even though we missed our Riggy, it was nice to have a little bit of a break from his never-ending commentary (I swear, the kid never. stops. talking).

We had lots of fun but I'm already looking forward to next year. I don't know why but I feel a little disappointed, like I didn't quite get to do all the things I wanted to do. I think partially becasue I never made a trip with my older sister and her boys, which is pretty much tradition, and because I really wanted to see Riggs ride some rides and we didn't get to do that either. Also when Steve and I went we wished we could have ridden some rides together...maybe next year we can leave both kids with grandma for the night have a real date night there together ♥

6 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely leave the kids with Grandma next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fair looks great! Love the dinos! And you look so cute in your braids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I just moved to Anchorage a couple months ago... hello AK neighbor! We heard mixed reviews on the fair though so we passed, but it seems like you'd highly recommend it :) We'll just have to check it out next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were only able to go to the fair once. :( We got there much later than we had planned & so I feel like we missed half the fair. I know there is next year, but it still bums me out a bit. Justin & I thought the same thing when we were taking the kids on rides, that we need to make a date-night happen at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa all three napping at the same time! Total win. Too bad you didn't get to do some rides with Riggs though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. We say the same thing about Ev - the constant commentary! I swear she talks about things that she has to have dreamed about or something because sometimes it just never happened in real life and doesn't make sense. She went on and on and on about 'purple ears' the other day. Lol. And whoa, the repetition! I'm glad we're not the only ones with our ears aching from all the talking. I love that she can communicate, but it's just really overwhelming sometimes. Lol.

    ReplyDelete