Friday, September 26, 2014

friday favorites: fall edition


Now that it's officially fall I wanted to do a friday favorites post dedicated to my favorite season (I say that about every season, don't I?). It is really feeling like fall here, and for the past three mornings I've actually had to scrape ice off my windshield! Fall is short lived in Alaska and the 20 degree mornings have been reminding me to savor fall while it lasts. Soon it will just look dead and barren outside until we get a good snow cover. And it will be cold. So cold. Brr...

I took that picture of the Reindeer Farm and the Butte yesterday when I stopped at Pyrah's to pick up our straw for the winter (for the chickens). The Reindeer farm has fall festival festivities every Saturday in October and I can't wait to go this year! If you live in Alaska be sure to make the trip, you won't be disappointed. See my post about our last trip, here.  


One of my favorite things about fall is the clothes. Leather boots and booties, rich colors, warm scarves, it's so dreamy.

Another favorite thing? Pie. Doesn't fall just make you want to eat pie? Warm, with a scoop (or two) of old fashioned vanilla ice cream to help it go down? I made this German Peach Pie for a church social and it was so good. I also made some strawberry blueberry crisp this week and it's nearly gone already. I think an old fashioned apple pie is next on my to-do list.


Fall also seems to bring to mind the passing of time. January is when most people make goals for themselves, but I find that fall is a good time to reflect on your life and make mental changes and goals if you feel they're needed. It's an inspiring season, at least to me. I always feel so full of happiness and love in fall, and I can be more gentle with myself. 

I hope this fall is a happy one for you, and that you are able to be thankful and yet to fight even harder for your dreams ♥

2 comments:

  1. Um, could you come to my house and make me one of those peach pies?? :) BTW...I accidentally clicked your About Me tab and saw the picture of your house in the winter with the porch light on. I love that picture!! Your home looks so welcoming and cozy. It makes me want to come inside and curl up with a warm blanket and a cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cold just thinking about a 20 degree morning. And apple pie sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete