Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Arctic Thunder 2014

We packed up our kids and went to the airshow Saturday on JBER. It was so much fun! I was just so happy to have Steve home on a Saturday that I couldn't have cared what we were doing as long as we were together. 

The line to park was looonnnggg. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get from the gate to our parking spot (a distance that would normally take 10 minutes max). Luckily we could still watch the opening ceremony from the truck, and we broke the law and let Riggs sit in my lap during the most exciting bit (we were stopped and the truck was even in park - don't call CPS).

When we finally parked and unloaded we were in a huge herd of humans and both Steve and I were a little tense until we could get away from the mob. The kids did great and there was no whining...until it was time to leave the model trains they had set up. At which point it was complete meltdown until he fell asleep just in time to miss the thunderbird demonstration. Oh well! With both kids sleeping Steve and I were free to watch the show without any distractions and we cuddled like when we were first dating while we watched. It was perfect.

waiting in line wore her out
finally out of the car and headed to the show!
the magical train...which was apparently more exciting than the entire show
ahhh...peace

It was our first outing together with both kids other than a quick trip to the store or to church and it just felt right...despite the extra work. It was such a nice day and I'm so glad we went.

Also maybe my favorite part was running into a blog follower who recently moved up here from Texas. I was so glad she came up and said hello, it's so fun to meet new people through my little blog space :)

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day and a great first family outing! Isn't it weird to say "the kids" now?! I remember when my 2nd was born it took a while to get used to!
    Kim at www.518nymammaof2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely different. Makes us feel kind of old to have kids versus just one kid, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The traffic was insane wasn't it? They had all the roads blocked off around out house, so we had to go out one gate just to get to another part of base. haha! But the boys loved every minute of having so many planes flying over the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, I actually thought about how horrible it must be for everyone who lives on that part of base! At least your kids were happy, I bet your windows were rattling!! ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me more about this stroller!! I love how one side is toddler and the other baby. Does it stay that way? Also, way to go on such a big outing!!

    ReplyDelete