Friday, November 15, 2013

five friday favorites

I can't believe I'm finally back to posting two days in a row! It's a miracle, haha. I've been in sort of a meloncholy mood and reading so much my eyes are burning and raw. But my laptop has been calling, to me, as I knew it would at some point, and so here I am.

I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you from this week. Next week I'll be focusing on Thanksgiving favorites, and then the week after and for the entire month of December I'm pretty sure it will be all Christmas posts, all the time. You've been warned! :)

ONE | FAVORITE PHOTO

Before it snowed, my parents came out for an afternoon walk and dinner. 
I love this picture Steve snuck of me and my mom talking while Riggs walks with us.

TWO | FAVORITE COLOR 


I love this Essie nail color called 'carry on' so much. It's perfect
for fall with it's dark, rich hue and warm colors always help to warm
up my pasty skin :)

THREE | FAVORITE RECIPE

Need I say more?

FOUR | FAVORITE PASTIME

Reading these books (or actually re-reading them). 
I have been reading every spare moment I have reading, thinking
about potential plots as I drift off to sleep and dreaming about 
the characters nearly every night. I don't know why but I really love
these books. Maybe because the characters are so real and no one is
one hundred percent good, they're all a little flawed.
I'll probably have to re-read them again before the final book comes out...

FIVE | THESE WORDS

I saw this yesterday on someone's Facebook and went on Pinterest
to find it and pin it. So very true and something to keep in mind if you're
a non-parent judging other parents. We've all been there, right?

I remember when I was pregnant, making lists of things I would 'never'
do once Riggs was born. Ha. Hahahaha.

16 comments:

  1. Love your 5 Friday Favorites. #2 makes me want to go paint my nails! It's amazing how reality creeps in once you've had a child, isn't it? I know I had all kinds of rules before my first was born...they lasted about 2 weeks and that whole time was a nightmare, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, peanut butter chocolate rice crispy balls!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm....Peanut butter rice krispie balls...drool...
    And a huge YES to #5 - I did the same thing before having my daughter...pretty much the day she was born I realized that all my "nevers" were now legitimate options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote, it's so true, isn't it? I knew it all before I was a Mom. Now I'm humbled daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove when you share photos of Alaska, as I always tell you like a stalking freak lol! It's just so beautiful up there! My favorite nail color right now is that exact shade, it's so perfect for fall. Those rice crispy balls totally made my mouth water and amen to that quote. Even parents who just have one baby under one who tell me how they're going to handle tough situations with their child when the child is older...PLEASE...let's talk when you're actually there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dessert. Yes. Just yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of you and your mama walking in the woods. Magic. I've started to re-read the Inheritance series, too. My hubby loved all the Game of Thrones books...he stayed up until the wee hours reading them all, getting angry and yelling every time a character was killed off. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I need to paint mine soooo bad! And yes, so many "I will never's" just go right out the window when you actually have a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I need to get the ingredients asap and make a bunch of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to put it Angela! Being a mom really does teach humility doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha stalk away! Although you wouldn't want to be here today, it's 15 below zero brrrr. I don't have any nail polish this color but I'm obsessed and need to go find some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect for putting Christmas cookie assortments too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you love re-reading books? There's so much I miss the first time around. And yes, they're such tragic books it feels like everyone dies at some point or another! But more realistic I guess lol

    ReplyDelete