Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday night in the kitchen



Tonight Steve and I both felt like pizza.  We didn't have the usual pizza makings, other than mozzarella cheese.  So we improvised.  First I put some salmon in the oven to bake and then I whipped up some whole wheat/coconut oil thin crispy crust.  I diced up some broccoli and cauliflower while listening to Dr. Thad (on Line One Your Health Connection) with some sounds from Steve and Riggs playing together drifting from Riggs' room.

I melted some butter on the stove and added some garlic and dried oregano.  I rolled out the dough and spread on the butter sauce.  Before I began I checked the fridge for any leftovers we could add to the pizza, and found some rice/quinoa/barley/millet/lentil mix that we had eaten on Saturday. I sprinkled that on the pizza along with the broccoli, cauliflower, salmon and cheese and then slipped it into the oven.




Once it came out of the oven, it was gobbled up pretty quickly.  I enjoyed mine with the ballet measure pamphlet and some craigslist.  So good!



Riggs sat in the laundry basket while we ate, and was having so much fun just sitting there.  What a lovely way to spend the evening...hope yours was just as nice.

1 comment: