Monday, January 2, 2012

what 2012 will sound like

I always get a little melancholy this time of year; the holidays are over and spring does not come for a very long time.  I always feel like only two things would make me truly happy:


1) a sunny place to lounge
like these pictures of Greece
 


2) finding really good music to take on
long walks through the pouring rain
 

Here are a few of the songs, some new favorites, some old, that I plan on listening to a lot in 2012:

1.  The Band Perry - If I Die Young:  I love this song, period.

2.  Beyonce - Countdown:  It's too catchy not to listen too.

3.  Bob Dylan - Make You Feel My Love:  for some reason I just noticed this song and I really like it.  It's on Riggs' playlist from me and Steve, who better to sing him a lullaby than Bob Dylan?

4.  Bob Dylan - Mr. Tambourine Man:  I always love this song.

5.  Bob Dylan - Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands:  My soul flutters when I hear this song, the entire thing; and it always tricks me into thinking its raining, no matter what the real weather is. 

6.  Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life: Riggs is the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.

7.  Cass McCombs - County Line:  Just close your eyes and listen to this one and then try and tell me you don't love it.  

8.  The Decemberists - Down by the Water:  I didn't want to like this, and I would stubbornly skip it on Pandora.  Then I found myself singing it all the time and now it's grown into full grown love.  

9.  Hank Williams Jr. - Family Tradition:  It always makes me smile and that's worth something, right?

10.  Johnny Cash - Hurt:  It hurts just the right way that I want to listen over and over. 

11.  Lady Gaga - You and I:  Couldn't have a playlist without some Gaga and this just happens to be it.

12.  Zac Brown Band - Colder Weather:  This gets on my playlists all the time, but I don't really know why. Maybe you could listen and tell me.

If you have any songs I just have to hear, don't be stingy, please share.

1 comment:

  1. I love this playlist so so so much! I know what you mean about this time of year :( The weather is gross and it just feels like a daily grind. Cannot wait for your "little yellow bird" and our adventures in Seattle. Love you

    ReplyDelete