Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow

snow falling in our circle


My alarm went off at 7; I quickly sat up and turned it off. I looked around the room in the dark, then leaned over to open the curtain and look outside. Our neighbors park their SUV a few feet from our window, and it was covered in snow. I raised my eyebrows and slowly laid back down.

Today is going to be interesting. It will be my first time riding my randonee through such deep snow. To be honest, I'm not very optimistic. My little studded tires do great on the ice, but they are going to flounder in the snow. Plus, that ice is still there, under the snow, waiting to sabotage me. And its still snowing...

To look on the bright side, at least it has warmed up a bit. My face won't freeze below my goggles like it has been. But I think it would be prudent to leave for work very early today, in case I end up walking my bike most of the way. Hope you all have a wonderful day out in the snow; its a great time to get out and do something!

Pretty deep snow for my petite 700x40ccs

1 comment: