Monday, October 11, 2010


October 11, 2010

Outside my window.... rain is drizzling from the low, gray clouds, soaking the heaps of leaves that litter the ground. There are about three leaves left per tree, and there is snow falling on the mountains.

I am thinking... about all of the homework I have to do. And about whether or not I should get a 29er (bike) or a fat bike...decisions, decisions...

I am thankful for... cozy clothes, new wool yarn to knit into something special and warm, plenty of food to eat, and the wonderful fall weather.

From the learning rooms... way too much homework. It's midterms this week, and I have a two-part test to study for, a 30 page senior thesis paper to get some serious writing done for, ect, ect, ect the list goes on way too long.

I am wearing... black yoga pants, black t-shirt, black Patagonia zip neck thermal and woolly REI socks.

I am remembering... how good it felt to just have work, without any school stuff.

I am going... to UAA later this evening. For now, I'm staying here and cleaning house, doing laundry and working on homework.

I am creating... lots and lots of historical research. The words on this blog. My dreams for the future.

I am reading... knitting patterns, Gold Rush Women, Co. Aytch, Son of the Revolution, and Skyscrapers Hide the Heavens.

I am hoping... to get through this semester gracefully, for next semester to go by quick, and to have a wonderful holiday season.

I am hearing... Beau growling quietly at something outside and Billie Holiday Radio on Pandora.

On my mind... way too much.

From the Kitchen... not enough.

One of my favorite things... winter. snow. Christmas. holidays. everything!

A few plans for the weekend... house sitting for my parents, relaxing, homework, knitting, baking.


1 comment:

  1. Love you new pic at the top!! Great post and I just wanted to say thanks for the call yesterday and for listening to your crazy sister (who is feeling much better today!)

    ReplyDelete