Monday, June 21, 2010

bumble bee

Date: June 21, 2010
Mileage: 8 miles
Avg MPH: 15.2

What was supposed to be a super productive day has turned into a lazy summer day during which I have happily completed about a quarter of what I was supposed to get done. But that's okay, because I feel really good about it. I slept in until 10, which felt amazing. It was only the third time I've slept in my own bed in a month. I got up and saw it was a beautiful sunny day and decided I would just get on the internet and upload/edit some pictures before heading to my parents to grab my mtn bike and ride it back over here. The ride was exhilarating, but man that bike is slow on pavement compared to my touring bike. Also, it's a Cannondale super v suspension and sits high which means with the seat as high as I had it for riding the bike path it made it a real pain to stop and wait at traffic lights every couple blocks. Right as I hit the Westchester Lagoon area, a big, fuzzy bumble bee flew right in my mouth. It was disgusting and I was actually a little worried it would sting my mouth (I'm a big baby). I quickly (and loudly) spit it out and built up some speed for the last hill in front of my house. The ride had been too short, but I had (weeks) of laundry to do, so I couldn't keep going. We went and picked up the cat then grabbed my tuned up bike from REI and now I need to go eat something or I will probably expire right here in front of the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment