Monday, March 8, 2010

As I was sitting here listening to Noah fall asleep, I thought about the great day I had Saturday and thought I'd write about it. We left the house around 6:45am headed to the Talkeetna area for a day of snowmachining fun. We rallied in Wasilla with Scott & Andy in one truck and the Jacobson/Bylsma crew in another, gassed up the machines then headed up the highway. We got the sleds unloaded around 8:30 or 9am and hit the trail. The entire day the promise of sunshine was just beyond the next set of clouds, but at the very end a big storm moved in and visibility got bad, so we hurried our way back to the parking lot and waiting trucks and trailers. It was a great day of riding, regardless of the lack of sun. We got up to the Bald Mtn. area and found some great pockets of powder. I played around on Steve's sled for a while on a nicely powder covered lake and all I can say is I gotta get me a newer 800!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had fun! Thanks again for taking the boys!!

    ReplyDelete