Friday, August 1, 2014

welcome august + friday favorites

Guys. It's August! I'm really sad to say goodbye to July, almost solely because it's my baby's birth month and it just went by way too fast. 

However. I am so excited for August! There are so many things to look forward to this month, including a big date day Steve and I have planned and most of all, the fair! I've been looking to the fair the entire summer, mainly because we chose not to go last year (I missed it so!) and because I'm excited to see Riggs experience it. So - welcome August!

Some things I want to share with you this week:

one | I'm pretty sure this kitchen (or at least this little part of the kitchen) is perfect. I love the 
plate rack, the butcher block counter, the sink, and the way the windowsill continues as a 
shelf all the way along the wall. 

two | I want to do something like this in Riggs'/Raina's room. I love the overall result and 
for a kids room I think it's just a perfect way to create an accent wall. I loved looking at 
maps when I was little and I'm sure they would enjoy it too. 

three | this treehouse. I need a weekend there with Steve and a few good books (and no kids).

four | saw this on Pinterest and previously had no idea this little town existed.
Adding Giethoorn, The Netherlands, to my [long] list of places I want to visit someday. 

five | "...to love and be loved in return."
thank you all so much for your kind words in response to my post yesterday.
I love this online community where we can share our hearts with each other
and encourage each other when we need it the most. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment