Saturday, August 16, 2014

harvest

We finally made it over to Pyrah's Pioneer Peak Farm (the local u-pick farm) yesterday to harvest some peas...one of my favorite vegetables in the whole wide world. There's nothing in the world like freshly shelled peas - better than dessert, I swear! I decided to go during lunch time so Riggs ate the food I packed in the wagon while Raina napped alongside him. I did some serious perfect-pod hunting and by the time we were ready to head back home (well, the kids were, I would have stayed longer if possible!) I had about half a 5-gallon bucket full.

When we got home I spent all of naptime shelling peas and watching Mad Men. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, if you ask me. Of course, I missed carrots by a day, so I might go back this evening with my bff to get more peas and some carrots too. They go quick, so if you live in the area be sure to get over there and get your farmer on!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I only visited Pyrah's once, but instantly fell in love. I would love to be able to have my own produce garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben says "Mama! Bebe! Peas!" Haha! Such a gorgeous place! Do you freeze the peas? Or just steam them up for dinner fresh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raina wrapped up in the wagon is too cute! I've never head of harvest peas, like you pick blueberries or something. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about your pictures always feels so cozy!!! I love Raina wrapped up all snuggly in the wagon and the pic of you under the blanket shelling peas looks so perfect. Gorgeous views too of those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a view behind the local u-pick farm! Alaska's views are breathtaking. I love your photos from the day :)

    ReplyDelete