Tuesday, August 5, 2014

winter is coming, which means fall is coming even sooner!

It's hard to believe that fall will be here soon. That magical season in which everything cozy is king. Sweaters, jeans with holes in the knees, ponytails and rainboots, hot cocoa, and pumpkin everything. I've come to the realization that every season is my favorite in the weeks of anticipation leading up to it, but fall truly is my favorite season over all of them for one very materialistic reason. The clothes.

I love the clothes you wear in fall and winter. I love to wear them and I love to shop for them. It nearly makes me giddy with excitement when I open my favorite catalogs to see huge glossy images of their new fall fashions. I've been watching some of my favorite retail websites like a hawk, waiting for the new fall lines to revealed and I haven't been disappointed. I am so in love with so much of what I'm seeing, and I've been going through my clothes, Riggs' clothes, and even Raina's clothes to pick out things we've outgrown/never really liked as much as we thought we would to make room for some of the more irresistible fall pieces.

I've been hard at work in my spare time (which is very very limited right now) to organize and photograph the clothes my children have outgrown in preparation for opening an IG shop. I'll be posting more about this as I make more progress, but for now just know that I'm very excited about it! And I need to get on it, so I can add a little extra spending money to the current budget for kids clothes.

Today I wanted to share some of my most favorite new fall picks for baby girls. If you're a boy mom, don't worry, I'll be sharing some boy picks asap!

1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
I have loved j. crew for a very very long time and love them even more now that they have expanded their small, original crew cuts line to include full on wardrobes for boys, girls and now even babies. I am especially excited about their waffle cotton union suits for babies. I found a red one for Riggs in a thrift shop when he was a baby and then a pink one for Raina too at a consignment shop in Anchorage but until I saw them at j. crew I hadn't seen them available new for as long as I've had kids. These are my number one most favorite baby clothing items of all time. Just perfect.
1 | 2
3 | 4
H&M is supposed to be opening a store in Alaska in the somewhat near future and I am basically freaking out about it. I love their simple styles and prices and the quality of their clothes. I didn't include photos of their wool long underwear (onesie & leggings) for babies, but I will definitely be ordering them for miss Raina. Riggs lives in wool in the winter (as does Steve, who can't wear polyester thermal layers because of his job as a power lineman) and stays so warm and cozy while also looking pretty dang adorable in his wool layers.
1 | 2
3 | 4
I actually have that navy floral one-piece for Raina and I LOVE it. It's so cute on and it's very soft and cozy for her. They have a lot of really cute choices in the toddler girl sizes too this season.
1 | 2 | 3
4 | 5 | 6
7 | 8 | 9
Zara always wins in by book with their baby clothes. They are just so classic baby to me. I can't wait to order some things for both Raina and Riggs from them!

The Blogger's Digest

9 comments:

  1. oh I love your picks. I looove fall style, and I've been so excited to see the new stuff. It is just such a bummer that I live in FL and it really isn't all that practical here. I love anything waffled(?) so cozy. I'm dying over the zara checkered shirt too. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Summer ZulegerAugust 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM

    sadly, i live in santa barbara. hence, no fall. no winter, no spring. just stinking summer.all.year.round. i want seasons!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things waffled too, so cozy and cute! Florida must be amazing, other than the lack of fall!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad! I always love to visit warm and sunny places but love to come home where I get to wear cozy clothes for nine months of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly Summer ZulegerAugust 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

    Indeed! My husband and I traveled through Palmer and a good part of the state two years ago. Now six months pregnant and can't wait to take the baby and my other two kids there in the near future! :) Enjoy your fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you we will! So glad you get to come up and visit again, and congratulations on the new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm usually FL's biggest fan from about January to March or so. The weather is perfection, it is almost like fall...a very mild one. The rest of the year I sweat and wish we lived elsewhere! The forecast included sweltering for this weekend. Not lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I bet! I'd probably die lol. Or just live my whole life in the pool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FALL. It's like my favorite word ever. Must be a Whitney thing! haha lol

    ReplyDelete