Sunday, April 6, 2014

third trimester - how did that happen?!

I am still trying to figure out how I am already 28 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy is just flying by, even though in a way it feels like I've been pregnant forever. What's with that?

I had my appointment Wednesday and didn't end up having to get an ultrasound. I was measuring right on track for 28 weeks so they figured my uterus just had a big growth spurt right before my last appointment at 25.5 weeks. It was a relief but I was a little sad not to get to see our baby girl. I had my glucose test too, and I thought I'd hear back from them Friday but they never called. So I guess no news is good news?

I've officially gained 20 pounds and feel like my belly is big all of the sudden. I keep wondering how it's possible to get much bigger, and I have 12+ weeks to go. No stretch marks still - I didn't get any with Riggs but each pregnancy is different so you never know. 


Since my belly is getting bigger I suddenly feel like I don't have any clothes to wear that fit comfortably. I've really been wishing I had a few more dresses to wear, so I think I'll be keeping my eye out next time I go to Anchorage and can spare a trip to the 5th Ave Mall. I'm not a huge fan of shopping online for myself, especially when I'm not sure what size I even am at certain maternity stores. Maternity clothes seem to run either really big or a little small, so I feel like it's hit and miss to order anything online even with size charts. 

A few weeks ago I ordered a bunch of honest diapers (what we use with Riggs ever since switching from cloth when he was about a year) from the sale on zulily and I was so excited to get them this past week. I just love seeing those tiny, girly little diapers in her drawer just waiting for her. Who ever thought that even diapers would be exciting to a pregnant lady :)


I'm still sleeping great and feeling pretty good physically. The worst complaint I've had lately is a lot of pressure in my ribs when I sit down. I have to recline to be comfortable, and even then it only lasts for an hour or so. I find that standing and walking around is actually more comfortable for me. That or laying down on my left side, either on the couch or in bed. I didn't have any rib-area-discomfort with Riggs at all even when I was full term, so this is all new to me. I also get a LOT of Braxton Hicks, especially when I bend over, exercise and clean the house. They don't really hurt but they are uncomfortable and I try to pay attention to how many I'm having in a certain period of time. My midwives told me it's fine to have them when I'm excercising but to really listen to my body to be sure I'm not overdoing it. As long as they go away when I rest they said it's 100% normal. 

I'm feel more excited and impatient everyday to meet our baby girl and hope the next couple of months pass at a normal/fast pace. I know sometimes the third trimester can seem to drag on and on for some reason. At the same time I'm trying to savor this last chance I have to be alone with Riggs. I know it will be a big adjustment for both of us to have to share our time together with another needy little person. Despite the changes I know are in store for us, I just can't wait to finally hold this active little girl in my arms after feeling her kick and roll and jab so often everyday.


7 comments:

  1. Aww you are looking so cute and pregnant! I also adore those little diapers- such cute designs! Can't wait for the months to go by and get to hold the little cutie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to hold her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't the diapers soooo cute?! And I'm so excited you'll be here this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! I'm catching up on your blog today!! It is funny how the 3rd trimester seems to drag on and on and all of a sudden you're looking at your new baby and you're like "what just happened?" Or at least that's how it was for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally getting around to answering, sorry :(


    We switched for two main reasons. Riggs always peed through any cloth diaper set up I could think of at night so we were already using disposables for night time, and by about 15 months he was only using 2-3 diapers during the day and waiting to wash them till there was a full load was getting crazy stinky lol. Plus we don't have a good spot for air-drying diapers and the elementals that I loved take sooooo long to dry in the dryer. So anyway I sold all my diapers and switched 100% over to Honest Co. diapers. With the chickens and trying to get our beds in this year I figured realistically I'd probably not be doing cloth diapering for two kids (very happily) anyway with the extra chores and since I love the Honest ones I've been happy with that choice. I still miss seeing Riggs cloth-diapered buns though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I'm trying to avoid, I don't want to wish my time away! I remember by the time Riggs was two days old I felt he had been here forever!! I'm trying to savor every minute of pregnancy and life in general :)

    ReplyDelete