Friday, April 18, 2014

Five Friday Favorites

It's Friday again and I couldn't be happier! I am so excited for this weekend and especially Easter on Sunday!

Other than one dreary day, the weather has been sunny and warm all week, and I've been dreaming of spring and green and flowers. I'm also getting so excited for camping this summer. Riggs is at a great age to thoroughly enjoy it, and we finally have a tent/sleeping set up that works really well for us and is completely comfortable. I just hope we have a mild mosquito year (unlike last spring/summer).

one | something about this photo really spoke to me. I can't wait to be gathered around a campfire with family and friends and this lake scene reminded me of a lot lf the lakes we visit every summer. I even have that exact blanket!


two | this outfit/hairstyle is so perfect for summer in Alaska. A cozy sweater and shorts, plus a pretty bun that keeps hair out of the way (and hides dirty hair during a camping trip!). love. 


three | this 'nearly'-paleo carrot cake looks amazing and I'm thinking about making it this weekend for our Easter celebration. Steve is avoiding mostly all gluten, starches and refined sugars right now, so something like this means he would still get to indulge a little bit. 


four | in our someday home I really hope to have a hallway like this, just filled with books. I also love how light and airy this hallway/staircase is. Just perfect. 


five | these words. I need them in every room of my house. it's so hard to remember sometimes that God is in control and that what we want isn't always in his will for us. asking for peace is the best way to deal with worries, rather than wasting our precious time fretting. 

4 comments:

  1. I saw that quote on your Pinterest feed! It spoke to me too. Thanks for sharing :)
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just jumped right out at me when I first saw it, and it is so so so valid for me and my life. Glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those words. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so great! My husband is dead set on camping this summer, I am a little hesitant with three kids. So time will tell :) ha! But if camping entails that cute outfit....I'm there! And please please can we have a calm mosquito infestations this year? Last year was crazy!!

    ReplyDelete