Thursday, April 17, 2014

30 weeks!


How Far Along? 30 weeks (can't believe I'm out of the 20s and into the 30s!)

Size of Baby: Head of cabbage (15.7 inches & almost 3 pounds)

Gender: Sweet baby girl

Weight Gain: I'm up 21 pounds according to the scale at the Midwives' office. Ours broke/battery died so it's a waiting game every two weeks to see what the scale in the office says. I feel like I've gained more in some ways, my thighs and hips are where I notice changes the most, other than my big belly. I know there's not much to be done about it now, but I'm really looking forward to getting outside and getting back in shape after baby girl joins us!

Maternity Clothes: Oh yes. I've been wearing my regular shirts pretty comfortably (the longer ones at least) but this week they have finally become too short. So it's all tunics and maternity tops from now on. I can't stand to have my shirt ride up in the front and reveal my belly. I've been living in skirts and dresses when I'm home, and only wearing jeans for as short of periods as possible when I feel like I need to. I'm hoping to find another couple of skirts and dresses that will work for after baby comes too. I have a feeling that's what will be most comfortable during the warm summer months.

Nursery: We still need to purchase a bassinet for baby girl in our room, but her crib is all set up and ready in Riggs room (for naps and when she's ready to move in there during nighttime too). We were originally planning on building a small cosleeper to go next to our bed, but the more I think about it the less I like that idea. I want to be able to get in and out of bed without having to climb over Steve, especially in those first couple weeks postpartum. I'm thinking of getting a moses basket for in our room to put on the dresser, or saving up for this bassinet (it's definitely a splurge but also an heirloom quality piece).

Movement: A LOT. She is always kicking and stretching and moving her little hands and elbows around. She got the hiccups once and it was so crazy to feel because Riggs never did that I noticed. It's so much more real that there's an actual baby in there!

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good actually. More trips to the bathroom, braxton hicks contractions all the time, and feeling tired in the afternoons. The biggest complaint I have is discomfort in my ribs when I sit down. I never felt that way with Riggs and yet baby girl is always all up in my ribs with her knees and feet!
Sleep: I'm sleeping great. Just as good as normal, and if I have to get up to pee I haven't been having any problems going back to sleep.

Cravings: Sweets - cookies, fruit snacks, peanut-butter m&ms. 

What I Miss: My old clothes, being able to bend over, taking a bath without feeling like a whale when I try to get in and out. And my pre-pregnancy body. Not going to lie, I'll be really happy when she's out here for me to snuggle and I can get back to working up a sweat on a regular basis. 

Best Moment This Week: My midwife appointment was Tuesday and I saw Laura, who delivered Riggs. It was so fun to chat with her and to hear her observations about baby girls position and size. She's head down and Laura thinks she's already pretty long! 

Looking Forward To: Easter festivities this weekend at church and with family. Steve's mom is even coming up for the weekend, so it will be good to catch up with her!

Completely unrelated to this pregnancy update are these pictures I took of Riggs this morning. He was playing with the party hats from my sisters birthday a few weeks ago and his facial expressions were just cracking me up. I had to share :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely mama and funny boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mom:) the party hats are his new favorite 'toy', he plays with them every day haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 weeks already!? Wow! Beautiful mama! Okay, because I don't want to do the math, how old was Riggs when you got pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thanks! I know it's flying by! Um I think he was nearly two...hmm I found out in late Oct so I guess he was about 20 months? He'll be almost exactly 2 and a half when she arrives, depending on how late she is!

    ReplyDelete