Saturday, June 28, 2014

pregnancy update: 40 weeks

hiking in Hatcher's Pass this morning
40 weeks exactly
How Far Along? 40 weeks. Or 40+2 depending on how you look at it. Based on my LMP my due date was June 26 (thursday) but I had a dating ultrasound at 9 weeks that listed my due date as June 28 which is what the midwives have been going by. Riggs was 12 days late so not expecting this baby too soon either.

Size of Baby: Small pumpkin - awesome. (about 20 inches and 7.5 lbs - for comparison Riggs was 21.5 inches and 9lbs4oz)

Gender: Girl!

Weight Gain: 30 pounds total. Holding steady these last three weeks with no additional weight gain.  

Maternity Clothes: Umm, yes. And constantly pulling down my maternity tanks and shirts. 

Nursery: Ready and waiting.

Movement: Really slowing down but still a healthy amount of movement throughout the day. Just less dramatic kicks and such in the last week. I think she's finally run out of room!

Symptoms: I'm still feeling pretty great. I do not feel 40 weeks pregnant, maybe more like 36? Anyway I'm so thankful to be as comfortable and active as I am. I have noticed that sleep is becoming more elusive, or at least long chunks of sleep. I'm waking up so often to pee that I'm only getting 2-3 hour stretches of sleep at a time. 

Last week on Tuesday I had an appointment at the new birth center (which is amazing, I can't wait to share pictures from when we're there for the birth! I didn't manage to get any during my appointment, I was too distracted) and Laura (my midwife) checked me. I was 2cm, 40% effaced and -3 station, so still a bit of work to do :) I'm enjoying my last couple of days alone with Riggs so much, there's no rush for baby girl to get here. 

I have an appointment Monday and then I'll have another appointment later in the week if I'm still pregnant for a non-stress test to make sure baby is happy any healthy in there. 

Cravings: Grapes, my own homemade cheese pizza (thin crust, very light on the sauce and cheese) mint chocolate chip ice cream. 

What I Miss: Not having to pee so often in the night. Sleeping on my stomach. Feeling hungry. Normal clothes. Running. 

Best Moment This Week: Getting to see the new birth center and thinking about the fact that it's where I'll meet my baby girl for the very first time! 

Looking Forward to: My appointment on Monday and spending more time with my family in Anchorage next week during the holiday weekend! Also, duh, baby being born! :)


Steve's family is in the Palmer area for the weekend - they rented a cabin in Hatcher's Pass - so we went up this morning to hang out in the gorgeous sunshine with them. We walked/hiked up about halfway to Summit Lake and it was just perfect weather. Riggs was having lots of fun 'climbing the mountain' as he called it, until he fell and scraped his knee and needed lots of mommy cuddles and wanted me to carry him. Which surprisingly wasn't too bad, despite being 40 weeks pregnant, ha. 

Steve's brother and his wife have two girls really close in age to Riggs and our baby girl, Morgan is about a year and a few months older than Riggs and Evelyn is four months old. It's so much fun to have cousins close in age to play with!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE those red Adidas sneakers! Too cute! And what amazing scenery! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are so great! And you're so close to meeting your girl. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Have a safe delivery..:)

    ReplyDelete