Saturday, May 31, 2014

pregnancy update: 36(!!) weeks


How Far Along? 36 weeks (28 day until my due date)

Size of Baby: Romaine Lettuce (18.5 inches and almost 6 pounds)

Gender: Girl!

Weight Gain: At my appointment today I was up 27 pounds according to the scale in the Midwives office (gained two pounds since my 34 week appointment). I feel so much better this time around compared to how I felt when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Riggs. I looked back in my pregnancy journal and realized I weigh twenty (20!) pounds less than I did at the same point in my pregnancy with him. So yeah, that's probably why I'm feeling better! 

Baby girl was head down at my appointment today and I was measuring about 35 cm, so just a little small/right on track. Yay!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I just got these cropped leggings (I also have the full-length version) in black and flint grey and am wearing them every single day. Kicking myself for not getting them sooner but since they have the low belly they will work post-pregnancy too. If you're pregnant you NEED these they are so so comfortable and go with everything.

Nursery: Everything is ready and waiting for her. Maybe I'll take some pictures of what we have set up for here sometime this week. I still need to pack bags - I'm hoping to get baby/diaper bag done asap and then make lists for what I will need in the other bags and get those done after 39 weeks. If I have the lists done then I'll be able to throw everything together quickly if by some miracle I go into labor earlier than my due date. I'm not counting on it though, haha (Riggs was 12 days late).

Movement: She has grown so much that now when she moves I can definitely feel limbs and most often little feet when they poke out up by my ribs. She just loves to put pressure on my ribs...

Symptoms: Most noticeable 'symptom' is braxton hicks contraction. I get them all-the-time now and they can be extremely uncomfortable to the point where I have to stop what I'm doing until they pass. Also fatigue and lack of patience in the evenings, which I'm trying really hard to control/not give into. 

Other than that I really feel great. Still sleeping well and able to get around just fine. I told Steve while we were driving home from Homer that I feel like I'm still only 30 weeks and have a while to go. This pregnancy has just flown by and it helps that I feel pretty dang good for having a nearly six pound baby in my belly.

Cravings: Juicy fruits and veggies, salads with lots of yummy toppings (that I don't have to make haha), mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate, grape chia drinks, and cold-cold water. 

My little sister cracked me up this week when she told me that she always laughs when she read this part of my post because I always say I'm 'craving' sweets - which she claims isn't a pregnancy related craving but a normal, life-long craving for me...and she's so right! But my desire for sweets is more intensified by my pregnancy and I have to be careful not to indulge too much.

What I Miss: My old clothes and not having braxton-hicks. 

Best Moment This Week: Way too many to list, this was one of the most fun weeks I've had in up to this point in 2014! Funny moments included Riggs' new reason for wanting to get out of the carseat during long road trips..."Riggy want to cuddle baby sisterrrrrrrr??!" he'll beg in a very pathetic voice. What a smart little boy to use such a sweet ploy to try and escape his backseat mini-prison.

Looking Forward to: A weekend home with Steve and spending time with my BFF who just got back from being away (and without cell reception!!!) for two weeks. 


2 comments:

  1. I know I can't believe it's getting so close! We are pretty dang excited too ;)


    And thank you, I just love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 20+ pounds down from where I was with Gabriel too. It's amazing how different pregnancies can be!

    ReplyDelete