Friday, May 23, 2014

maternity session inspiration: 21 ideas for a perfect maternity session

With my due date getting closer I have what seems like an ever growing list of things to get done before baby girl makes her debut. One of the most important things that we still need to do is to have some maternity/family pictures taken. Pictures and the memories they capture are priceless to me and I love having them as special keepsakes from each of the more momentous occasions we have as a family.

I've been scouring photography blogs and Pinterest archives for maternity session inspiration and have found some adorable photo ideas, so I decided to share my most favorites here. I've organized them into broad categories and you can click each photo for a link to the source. Time to sit back, maybe with a cup of tea, and enjoy some truly beautiful photos!

Intimate in-home sessions:

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

Casual in-home sessions:

6.

7.

8.

9.

Outdoor photography sessions:

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

Session with older sibling:

20.

21.

I hope you enjoyed these as much as I enjoyed searching for them! I can't wait to make a list of the shots I'd like to get and have some taken. I'd love to get some at sunset like many of these, but with the sun setting at 11 pm here I'm not sure that will be too realistic. We'll see!

3 comments:

  1. Love the less formal photo ideas - so much more realistic and more character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I'm getting mine done this time around since I didn't do any the first time! I think the one where she's sitting on the couch is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those were some gorgeous photos. I really loved all of them, but the intimate ones and the casual at home ones were BEAUTIFUL. Although I also like the outdoor ones....see, I can't make up my mind lol. I hope you're feeling well (for as well as you can feel in the remaining weeks of pregnancy!).

    ReplyDelete