Tuesday, February 25, 2014

weekeding

[riggs in his new apron. post coming soon with instructions on how to make one like it!]

I ran out of butter this weekend, which actually turned out to be a very good thing, because I had a crazy craving for chocolate chip cookies and had to find a recipe that used coconut oil (which I literally have tubs of) instead. These cookies are so so good it's not even right. My parents came over for dinner Saturday and I made them as bar cookies, which worked great too. You need to try this recipe!

We have been spending more and more time outside as a result of the return of the sun. I know spring is truly on the way when it's five below when I feed the chickens at 8am and by 3 in the afternoon the snow on the roof is melting in the sun in a constant drip. I just love it!

The chickens do too, and I put a treat out for them in the sunniest part of their yard to encourage them to soak up the sun even more than they already have been. We have been getting 4-6 eggs a day and it's been just wonderful. We seriously can't get enough of their eggs.


I mentioned in an earlier post that Riggs has become so much more independent during our time outside, and it makes it so much more enjoyable to go out with him. Call me lazy but I love being able to sit in my lawn chair in the sun for an hour while he plays happily by himself in the yard.

Another very fun thing for him to do is to 'help' Steve in the garage. He could spend all day in there with him, I swear! And anything that has to do with "daddies 'eep" is like the ultimate in excitement for Riggs. Every time he sees it he points is out (multiple times) and so of course he was thrilled when Steve climbed in with him to play for a bit on Sunday afternoon. They sat together for five or ten minutes and then Riggs stayed in and went from seat to seat for another fifteen minutes after that. He's going to love summer this year and taking evening drives with daddy in the "eep".


Steve's back to work for at least a few days this week and we already miss him. But luckily his work still isn't too busy so we should still be able to have long weekends during the month of March. Can you believe it's already going to be March in just a few days? 2014 is just flying by!

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look so good! Pinned that recipe - thanks! And Riggs' little apron! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete