Saturday, March 23, 2013

surprise doctors visits are never good


It's always lovely when your baby, who was completely fine the night before, wakes up in the morning with red, puffy eyes that are nearly swollen shut. That's what happened to us this week, and it freaked me out! I texted a picture to my sister, who quickly texted me back those two words I had been dreading, 'pink eye.' Yuk!

I took him into the doctors office just to make sure that was it, and, of course, it was. Poor baby had the most red, swollen, itchy eyes ever for a few hours until we picked up the eye drops from the pharmacy and got them (surprisingly easily) into his eyes. They actually made quite a big difference right away, which made me feel a lot better. 

not having fun at Fred Meyer while waiting for his prescription
Other than the pink eye (I shudder every time I type or speak those words), the doctor said Riggs looked very healthy, no ear infections or anything like that. He is still 22 lbs (61%), but has grown quite a bit since his 12 month checkup, and is now 32.5 inches long (97%). 

In other much more exciting and less gross, I got my hair cut. I asked her to give me shorter bangs that I can wear straight across if I feel like it and to give me a lot more layers to add volume around my face. I just love getting my hair cut, it always makes me feel so pampered. Except for the part when my hairstylist tells me that I have even more gray hairs than last time, and then laughs really hard and says "You have twice as many gray hairs than your mom does!" Not so fun to have more gray hairs at 26 than my mom does at 50-something.

a few hours after getting it cut
after sleeping on it and restyling it
I was very impressed with how well it looked after sleeping on it, I literally just had to move my bangs to where they were 'supposed' to be, curl a few sections, and then hairspray. It took less than five minutes, which is what I was hoping for. I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week, so I spend a lot of time styling it on the day I wash it so that I won't have to spend as much time on subsequent days. Just spray a little dry shampoo, add a few curls and I'm usually good to go.

One last picture to leave you with before I go enjoy my weekend
Riggs was rummaging in the baking cabinet and then it was quiet...

...except for the sound of plastic crinkling...


Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love your haircut and miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your haircut and miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Riggs!! Having pink eye is never fun! My sister tells me that she uses breast milk to treat pink eye and it works like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Riggs!! I hope he's feeling better. A sick boy is the WORST!!! Cute hair though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, his eyes looked so bad!! love your haircut, the layers look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope his eye is better. The haircut looks great, especially the bangs.

    ReplyDelete