First of all, I LOVED the packaging. There was so much pink and gold, two of my most favorite colors. I actually waited to open the entire box until after Riggs was asleep so that I could really enjoy it with 100% of my attention. I opened it slowly and looked everything over and I have to say at first it just didn't seem like much in the box. But once I took everything out and started using the various items I was really satisfied with what was in my box.
1. Rent the Runway - $50 off a purchase of $125 at Rent the Runway. I've heard a lot about this service and am intrigued, just not sure I really need "runway" ready clothes while chasing around a lab and toddler (oh man, tear) all day. But I am definately going to check it out one of these evening after Riggs is in bed or at naptime.
2. Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo - This is by far my favorite of all the things I received in my box. I mean I LOVE this stuff - the way it feels, the smell, everything. This might be a whole separate post in itself, but I haven't shampooed or conditioned my hair in over 4 months. This summer we switched to just baking soda and ACV (apple cider vinegar) rinse and my hair has been amazing as a result. But this stuff is vegan friendly and free from sulfate/sodium chloride and parabens, so I decided it would be ok to try in my hair. You can use it as an all-over body wash too and I'm considering purchasing this in it's full size just for that purpose.
3. Tweezerman - filemate. This is a cute little nail file that is the perfect size for taking it along wherever I go. I love the colors and it is very thick and high quality.
4. 29 Preserves - Sample pack including night moisture, eye emulsion, serum extract and cream cleanser. Ok this stuff was amazing! I would love to purchase each item I tried because it felt SO GOOD on my face but it's pretty dang spendy (we're talking $503 for all four full-size items) so maybe after I empty my coin jar 3 or 4 or 10 times - ha.
5. Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture. I'm not a huge fan of trying new fragrances as a general rule. I sprayed just one tiny spray of this one and although it's a nice mix of fruity and floral smells, it's just too overpowering for me. I'll probably give it to my little sister who wears a variety of different fragrances depending on her mood. I guess I'm still sticking with my Vera Wang Princess, which I've worn every day for three years...at least until I find something I like better.
6. theBalm cosmetics - Mary-Lou Manizer. This is a luminizer/highlighter in a beautiful honey color. I love it and have used it every day since I opened the box.
So that was my December birchbox. I highly suggest signing up for this monthly sample program and if you do please use the link on my sidebar so that I get the reward points! I can't wait to get January's box and see what surprises it holds for me.