Tuesday, October 23, 2012

happy birthday to me

"Do not regret growing older,
it is a privilege denied to many." 


breastfeeding Riggs in the Target fitting room...ushering in my 26th year with a bang ;)

Since it's my birthday I thought I'd share 26 random facts all about me.
So here we go, lucky you lol.

1.  One of my biggest pet peeves is dirty dishes just dumped in my sink instead of neatly stacked next to the sink with the rest of the dirty dishes.  It's especially bad if they're not even rinsed off.  shudder.

2.  I cried when I watched Phillip Phillips win American Idol.  But seriously, didn't you?  When he got all choked up and couldn't even finish singing?  OMG sob.

3.  My little sister and I frequently have uglyface-offs - we make the silliest/ugliest face we can possibly manage at each other at the same time to see who laughs first.  It's especially fun when we do it over skype and our faces get frozen like that for a few seconds.

4.  I really really really want to be a country music singer when I grow up.  Oh wait...hmmm.  But seriously, I always wanted to be when I was little.  I used to belt out Trisha Yearwood's She's in Love with The Boy like nobodys business to anyone who agreed to listen.  

5.  I've never lived anywhere but Alaska (and sorry, but I don't want to.  I love Alaska, yay!).

6.  I clean whenever I'm mad, frustrated, or just plain upset about something.  And when I say clean, I mean clean people!  For hours and hours until I feel better, I'll find things that need cleaning or tidying or organizing.  Even if it means going out to the garage and vacuuming every crack and cranny in the car!  Cleaning is good therapy :)

7.  Ummm...hello I love Christmas!  But I think everyone already knew that...oops.


8.  I could live on pizza, cookies and water for the rest of my life.  And the pizza doesn't even have to be fancy, actually the more boring the better (I'm talking thin crust, garlic-butter sauce, and a little cheese sprinkled here and there.  Yeah, that boring).  In case you can't tell, I'm not really a foodie...like AT ALL.  But I do like the bread and oil/balsamic you get before the big fancy dinners, so that's something.

9.  I like rain and snow better than sun.  It's just so much more cozy...

10.  Another pet peeve?  Crumbs, or dirt or whatever on the floor.  I rarely wear shoes or socks in the house and a single crumb is enough to make me crazy!  I have to sweep and vacuum right away if I feel one and until I can I can't think of anything else except that horrible crumb.

11.  When I'm writing (like on my blog or when I was in college writing papers), I cannot listen to music with words.  So distracting!  But I can have a favorite movie on as background noise (such as Pride & Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, or Harry Potter).  Does.not.make.sense.at alllll.

12.  My favorite TV show is House Hunters on HGTV.  I watch it every time I am at my parents house if it is on (we don't have cable).  And I always get mad if the people choose what I consider to be the wrong house.  I just want to go to those people and be like, really?  And I get really mad sometimes at how much you can get for your money in some parts of the country versus here in Alaska.  So jealous!

13.  This summer I went a little crazy during the rainy weather and watched Sense & Sensibility every day for about a week straight.  And for some reason it always would seem to be just ending when Steve got home from work.  Judging by the looks he would give me when he came in and saw it on, again, I think he started to seriously doubt my sanity.

14.  I found a CD in the ice rink behind the high school one day when I was walking home from the 4th grade.  I played it all the time and to this day all the songs (I Had a Farm in Africa, Somewhere in Time, Terms of Endearment...) are seriously some of my favorites ever!

15.  I hate chicken.  You know that nasty white gel that forms around the edges while it's cooking?  Yeah, totally grosses me out.  However, I love eggs, prepared nearly any way.  Hmmmmm...

16.  I love lamp (Seriously.  Try coming up with 26 random things about yourself!).

17.  When I say the word "mitten", I don't really pronounce the "tt"s...so it sounds more like mih-en.  Also I made the word "dad" into two syllables when I'm talking to my own dad.  Like this:  dad-da.  And it's not dada.  It's just a really really whiny daddddddd.

18.  I hate bugs.  Especially moths and spiders.

19.  I wear sandals even when there's three feet of snow on the ground.  Seriously people (mom), I'm just walking from my car to the grocery store, I'm not going to freeze to death.  (I do have boots in the car though, just in case).

20.  I don't like shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, crab, lobster, or any other nasty creature that crawls or floats around in the ocean (I do like Salmon and Halibut though). 

"Wow that looks delicious, I think I should eat it" - what's wrong with people?!

21.  And while we're talking about food...I hate raisins.

22.  I like Emily of New Moon better than Anne of Green Gables (and I really really like Anne of Green Gables).  L.M. Montgomery was an amazing author who created some of the best characters ever.  

23.  I let myself get stressed out really easily and always have to remind myself to c.a.l.m. d.o.w.n.

24.  I don't like coffee and I don't drink coffee.

25.  I'd rather be too cold than too hot.

26.  I do not feel like I'm 26 at all.  Sometimes I still feel like I'm just a kid dreaming about being a wife and having a baby and then I realize I have all that now and I'm so thankful for this beautiful life!

So bam, there you go, now you know way more about me than you probably ever wanted to ;)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved these- especially #3, #14, and #22 (oh and #16 lol- if that counts) Love you!!!! Hope your birthday wasn't too bad ;) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I also do No. 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting, a great writing exercise for all of us. I love the quote "Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many" so true and so real in my life.

    I'm blessed and thankful,
    Dotti

    ReplyDelete