Tuesday, August 7, 2012

KCCO





I started working on this wool braid rug over five years ago on a whim to keep our feet warm in our old basement apartment.  When we moved I saw it and made a mental note to get it out and finish it up sometime soon after we were settled into our new home.  For once I followed through on one of my many mental notes and got all of the strips sewn and then braided together.

The only problem is, the rug is now about the size of a nice kitchen mat and I had planned on using it in the living room.  So now I'm on the lookout for an old wool blanket in coordinating colors to rip into strips and add to my red braided rug.  Oh well at least I finished what I could!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is great! How do you attach the coils to each other? I have always wanted to make a braided rug, this looks great.

    ReplyDelete