It's starting to feel like fall here, and I am settling into it quite well. Every year, the chill slowly creeps back into the morning air, schools are filled with students again, and I am filled with excitement for my favorite time of the year. Saying that I love fall (and winter) is really the biggest understatement ever. I really, really, really love it.
I thought a good way to welcome the fall would be to make a list (have I mentioned that I love making lists?) of a few of the things I love about fall.
1. adding an extra wool blanket to our bed
2. rainy days
3. making a fall Bob Dylan playlist (I seriously love making lists)
4. road trips
5. running at Kincaid
6. homemade bread fresh from the oven slathered with butter (and I mean slathered)
7. mornings when we wake up as a family with smiles on our faces and happy plans for our day
8. wind rustling through the dying leaves
9. the way the sun shines differently, with less glare and more gold
12. reading on the couch under a homemade quilt
13. the balance between chilly days and warm, cozy clothes
14. family get togethers (they always seem to get more frequent for our families)
15. birthdays and holidays